Game and Video Rental Store Point of Sale
Game and video rental POS systems help these retailers generate revenue by selling games and videos and renting out a pool of owned games, consoles, videos and related items. Rental businesses need to manage a number of business processes including reservations, rental rates, retail sales of new and used products, billing/invoicing, customer and product management, and more. Rental businesses also need to manage the rental and return process, collect and return deposits, track rental history and generate maintenance alerts. The best video game POS systems allow retailers to compete against large ecommerce competitors by supporting superior customer service to customers.
Game and Video Rental Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Customer accounts -ability for customers to charge purchases, trade-ins and rentals to a ‘house account’ – including customer statements.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Late fees – Charge late fees on late returns or to a customer account.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register
- Pick-up, shipping, delivery dashboard – manage game or video orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered
- Flexible product record fields – use categories, style, brand and vendor fields to track manufacturer, type and other rental specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Advanced filterable search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
Killer POS Feature for Video and Game Rental Stores: Customer Orders
The order management functionality in MicroBiz allows you to accept customer orders over the phone, email or in-store – and manage the fulfillment via in-store pick-up, delivery and shipment. Print invoices, quotes and estimates which show due dates, charges for items and services and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on orders, assign an employee and set minimum deposit rules. Perfect for layaway transactions.
In addition to the Video Rental Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Video Game Rentals stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split TendersItem and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: