Game and Video Rental Store Point of Sale
Game and video rental businesses generate revenue by renting out a pool of owned games, consoles, videos and related items. Rental businesses need to manage a number of business processes including reservations, rental rates, retail sales of new and used products, billing/invoicing, customer and product management, and more. Rental businesses also need to manage the rental and return process, collect and return deposits, track rental history and generate maintenance alerts.
Game and Video Rental Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Customer accounts -ability for customers to charge purchases, trade-ins and rentals to a ‘house account’ – including customer statements.
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register triggered by the type of merchandise being purchased – so employees can suggest used product instead of new in order to increase your profit margins.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Late fees – Charge late fees on late returns or to a customer account .
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Rental module – allows you to track the renting of a variety of items, including quotes, rental rates, due dates, billing/invoicing, product management and more.
- Item rental service history – so you know who rented it last and when it was rented.
- Serial number/ID tracking – provides a detailed record of each piece of merchandise, when it was received, what it cost, which customer rented it, and when it was serviced.
- Manage trade-ins of used items – in fact you can ring up sales, trade-ins, and rental items on the same invoice.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer, type, specs and other rental specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Video Rental Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Video Game Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows