Game and Video Rental Store Point of Sale – MicroBiz for Windows
Game and video rental POS systems help these retailers generate revenue by selling games and videos and renting out a pool of owned games, consoles, videos and related items. Rental businesses need to manage a number of business processes including reservations, rental rates, retail sales of new and used products, billing/invoicing, customer and product management, and more. Rental businesses also need to manage the rental and return process, collect and return deposits, track rental history and generate maintenance alerts. The best video game POS systems allow retailers to compete against large ecommerce competitors by supporting superior customer service to customers.
Game and Video Rental Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Customer accounts -ability for customers to charge purchases, trade-ins and rentals to a ‘house account’ – including customer statements.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Late fees – Charge late fees on late returns or to a customer account.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register
- Pick-up, shipping, delivery dashboard – manage game or video orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered
- Flexible product record fields – use categories, style, brand and vendor fields to track manufacturer, type and other rental specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Advanced filterable search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
Killer POS Feature for Video and Game Rental Stores: Rental Trade Ins
The rental and trade in management functionality in MicroBiz for WIndows allows you to set trade in prices and manage the daily rentals of games and videos. Print invoices, quotes and estimates. Collect deposits from customers on orders. Perfect for layaway transactions.
In addition to the Video Rental Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Video Game Rentals stores:
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split TendersItem and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards (with OpenEdge)
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Product images
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
Everything that you need to automate your retail business
Free 30 Day Demo Download
Check out all the features of MicroBiz for Windows for 30 days by downloading a demo version - including sample product and customer data.
No credit card required