MicroBiz Cloud Supported Device List
POS Hardware and Devices Supported for MicroBiz Cloud
The peripherals listed below have been tested to be compatible with MicroBiz Cloud. If you have a device not on this list but it can be viewed/access through your operating system or browser – it may work with MicroBiz Cloud but will not be supported by MicroBiz.
- Star Micronics TSP143IIU Eco USB Receipt Printer
- TSC650ll WebPRNT (for iPad set ups) NOTE: As of January 2023, this model is on extended back order. MicroBiz only supports printing iPads via StarMicronics printers with WebPRNT technology.
Note: Other printers, such as Epson printers, may work with MicroBiz Cloud, but are not expressly supported by MicroBiz. Printing receipts with iPads requires a printer with WebPRNT capabilities, such as the TSC650ll WebPRNT (note that this printer is on extended back order). When printing on iPads, the tablet must ‘see’ the printer. This does not occur with the Star TSP143 printer.
Price Tag/Label Printers (Integrated Direct Print Method)
The following printers are recommended for printing barcode price labels using MicroBiz Cloud:
- Zebra ZD411 – Direct Thermal Printer – for standard price labels . (Important: MicroBiz standard label formats only work with the 203 dpi version of this printer)
- Zebra ZD421 – Thermal Transfer Printer -for weather resistant price labels. (Important: MicroBiz standard label formats only work with the 203 dpi version of this printer)
The discontinued ZD410 and ZD420 Zebra printer model are supported by MicroBiz for use with MicroBiz Cloud. Additional Zebra printers may also be compatible. MicroBiz Cloud v2.0 integrates with Zebra printers using Zebra’s BrowserPrint integration technology. As a result, the following Zebra printers with 203 dpi print heads and the BrowserPrint technology should work with MicroBiz Cloud.
- QLn series
- ZT200™ series
- ZT400™ series
- ZD500™ series
- ZD400™ series
Only certain models of the Zebra TLP 2024 may work, depending on whether the model supports the Zebra BrowserPrint technology. Please check with Zebra to see the your Zebra LP2824 model supports BrowserPrint.
No other receipt printers are compatible with MicroBiz Cloud for printing barcode price labels.
Note: Tag printing is only supported for use with a Windows or Mac desktop computer as the Zebra software must be installed on a computer.
Price Tag/Label Printers – Non-Integrated (for Cloud v1.0 only)
- Zebra TLB2024 (non-integrated download print method only)
- DYMO Labelwriter 450 (non-integrated download print method only)
Note: MicroBiz Cloud v2.0 does not currently support non-integrated price label printing. With MicroBiz Cloud v1.0 only, price label data can be downloaded to a CSV file. This file can then be uploaded into third-party label design and printing software applications for printing labels on a non-integrated basis. The printer models above have been tested to work with the CSV download/print process, but the CSV download should be compatible with most third party label design software.
- Nearly any modern LaserJet/InkJet printer
Note: Manufacturers’ model turnover is too short for us to maintain a list of supported models. Almost any new LaserJet printer should work great with MicroBiz Cloud. We do not recommend or support ‘all-in-one’ printers with combined print/scan/fax capabilities.
Bar Code Scanners
USB Scanners (PC and Mac systems):
- Motorola LS2208 (USB)
- Zebra DS2208 | Barcode Scanner
Note – The compatibility of bar code scanners is primarily determined by your operating system. If your OS can ‘see’ your scanner when plugged in and capture the code scanned on Notepad, it should work with MicroBiz Cloud.
Bluetooth Scanners (PC, Mac and iPad systems):
- Socket Mobile 7 Series blue tooth barcode scanner
- Star Micronics BSH-HR2081BT blue tooth bar code scanner
- Star CD1616 Cash Drawer
- APG Standard Duty Cash Drawer
Note – Cash drawers have become relatively ‘plug and play.’ and should generally work with MicroBiz Cloud.
Credit Card Readers
- PC and Mac Systems: click here
- Tablet or Mobile Systems: Speak with your partners payment processor about which Bluetooth mobile payment terminals work with integrated payments with MicroBiz Cloud
- Any standard video monitor will work with MicroBiz Cloud as a customer-facing display – if the monitor can be configured and used by your computer as a second monitor by the Windows operating system. To test, go in Windows settings and select ‘two monitor/extend monitors’. If you can then drag browser window or image onto the second customer display monitor – then it will work with our system as a customer display.