EPOS systems are easy to use and help operate a variety of retail businesses – ranging from small, semi-permanent open-fronted booths or stands to large multi-store retail businesses. The best EPOS systems work in a wide range of settings, from small kiosks selling a limited number of items for sale to multi-store chains selling tens of thousands of items. Web-based EPOS systems are great options as they are so scalable and flexible.
EPOS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Multi-dimensional matrix inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as soft goods with size, color and style or hard goods with height, width and length attributes.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Stock-level look-up – look up stock levels across all store locations from front register.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Flexible product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other specific item information.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register.
- Cloud point of sale – cloud-based application accessible any time, any place with an internet connection.
- Instant updates – always have the latest version when you log in.
In addition to the EPOS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage retail establishments:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Time-based promotional pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Print Bar Code Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Special Order Tracking
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Minimum Deposit Requirements