EPOS systems are easy to use and help operate a variety of retail businesses – ranging from small, semi-permanent open-fronted booths or stands to large multi-store retail businesses. The MicroBiz EPOS system works in a wide range of settings, from small kiosks selling a limited number of items for sale to multi-store chains selling tens of thousands of items. MicroBiz Cloud is a web-based EPOS system, so its scalable and flexible.
EPOS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as soft goods with size, color and style or hard goods with height, width and length attributes.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other specific item information.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
In addition to the EPOS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage kiosks. To view these standard POS features, please click on the button below.
Should I Use MicroBiz Cloud or MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subsciptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: