Hardware and Paint Store Point of Sale
Hardware Stores specialize in the retail sales of household items and goods such as – cleaning products, supplies, tools, utensils, lawn and garden equipment, plumbing and electrical supplies and more. Some hardware stores have specialty sections unique to its region, which may carry hunting supplies, marine supplies, or farm/ranch supplies. Hardware stores can range in physical size of small to large. Small hardware stores may have a small retail space but may still have large inventory of hardware.
Hardware and Paint Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register triggered by the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying tools (such as a drill) can be told of a sale on related items (such as drill bits).
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of hardware, service warranties, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Loose and case quantity breakdown – receive items by the case and sell individually.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as soft goods with size, color and style or hard goods with height, width and length attributes.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Rental module – allows you to track the renting of a variety of items (such as tools), including quotes, rental rates, due dates, billing/invoicing, rental history, service history and more.
- Sell by weight – Interface to supported scales for items sold by weight .
- Serial number/ID tracking – provides a detailed record of each piece of merchandise or part, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for merchandise and materials.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to tracking special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other hardware or home improvement specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Hardware and Paint Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Paint and Hardware Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows