Hardware and Paint Store Point of Sale
Hardware and paint stores specialize in the retail sales of household items and goods such as – cleaning products, supplies, tools, utensils, paints, lawn and garden equipment, plumbing and electrical supplies and more. The best hardware store POS systems are flexible and support the sale of a variety of products – and can also manage a services and repair department. Some hardware stores have specialty sections unique to its region, and may carry hunting supplies, marine supplies, or farm/ranch supplies. Hardware stores can range in physical size from small convenience focused outlets to large facilities with lumber yards. Some paint stores carry only paint supplies and do not carry hardware – so a paint store POS software program can be valuable.
Hardware and Paint Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Minimum inventory reorder points – set minimum inventory level to help auto-generate POs for replenishment of inventory.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Customer-based tiered pricing – Set pricing tiers and assign to customer groups.
- Sell by fractional quantity – ability to sell products and services at partial units or fractional quantities.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for merchandise and materials.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to tracking special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Advanced filterable search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Weatherproof barcode price labels – Use a supported thermal transfer printer to print weatherproof barcode labels that withstand rain and dirt.
Killer Hardware & Paint POS Feature: Customer-based Pricing
You have the ability to set-up different prices for different customers. You can assign customers to a pricing group (such as contractors or loyal customers), making the customer group eligible for special customer-based pricing and discounts. Customer-based pricing can be based on $ or % discount from retail price, $ or % mark-up over cost, targeted margin or new price. Prices are adjusted automatically at the register when a customer record with a special pricing group is attached.
In addition to the paint and hardware POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the below standard features and functionality needed to manage hardware and paint stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Bar Code Label Scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2