Hardware and Paint Store Point of Sale
Hardware and paint store POS systems specialize in the retail sales of household items and goods such as – cleaning products, supplies, tools, utensils, lawn and garden equipment, plumbing and electrical supplies and more. Some hardware stores have specialty sections unique to its region, which may carry hunting supplies, marine supplies, or farm/ranch supplies. Hardware stores can range in physical size of small to large. Small hardware stores may have a small retail space but may still have large inventory of hardware. Some Paint stores carry only paint supplies and do not carry hardware. The best hardware store POS systems are flexible and support the sale of a variety of products and services.
Hardware and Paint Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Minimum inventory reorder points – set minimum inventory level to help auto-generate POs for replenishment of inventory.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Customer-based tiered pricing – Set pricing tiers and assign to customer groups.
- Sell by fractional quantity – ability to sell products and services at partial units or fractional quantities.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for merchandise and materials.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to tracking special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Advanced filterable search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
Killer Hardware & Paint POS Feature: Customer-based Pricing
You have the ability to set-up different prices for different customers. You can assign customers to a pricing group (such as contractors or loyal customers), making the customer group eligible for special customer-based pricing and discounts. Customer-based pricing can be based on $ or % discount from retail price, $ or % mark-up over cost, targeted margin or new price. Prices are adjusted automatically at the register when a customer record with a special pricing group is attached.
In addition to the paint and hardware POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the below standard features and functionality needed to manage hardware and paint stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Bar Code Label Scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: