Swimming Pool and Spa Point of Sale
Pool and spa stores sell a variety of spa equipment and pool supplies. The best pool and spa POS systems can support businesses ranging from cash register replacements for small pool and spa shops to complete inventory management systems for commercial pool and spa distribution centers. To compete, specialty pool and spa retailers need to deliver the expertise and personalized service of a specialty merchant along with a deep selection of merchandise. Many pool and spa stores include a service department for offering repair and maintenance services. Given seasonality in the pool and spa business, the top pool and spa store point of sale systems support ordering and buying, inventory management, pricing tools and easy-to-use reporting and analytics.
Swimming Pool and Spa Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including printing or emailing customer statements and assessing late charges.
- Deposit collection and refunds – collect deposits on orders and refund deposits back to original payment card.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Create/Update products via CSV file import – add or update product and services records via import of a CSV file.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like onsite services.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register.
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
- Pick-up, shipping, delivery dashboard – manage orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered.
- Sales tax by customer address – ability to tax orders shipped and delivered based on the address of the customer.
- Customer-based pricing – create special prices or pricing tiers for different customer types.
- Enforceable business rules on discounts and returns – advance settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns at the register.
Killer POS Feature for Pool and Spa Stores: Special Orders
MicroBiz supports the management of Special Orders, or the sale of items not currently in stock. This is great for the sale of parts and unique items ordered for service orders. You can mark an item as a special order item at the time its sold, which places it on a list of special order items in the purchasing module. When the item is received from the vendor, MicroBiz alerts the user that the item is attached to a customer order, so that the customer can be contacted and the item can be set aside for pick-up or shipment.
In addition to the Pool Supply Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Swimming Pool and Spa Stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Bar Code Price Labels
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: