Swimming Pool and Spa Point of Sale
Pool store POS systems can range from POS software for small pool and spa shops to inventory management systems for commercial pool and spa distribution centers. To compete, specialty pool and spa retailers need to deliver the expertise and personalized service of a specialty merchant along with a deep selection of merchandise. Given seasonality in the pool and spa business, the smart use of buying, inventory management and easy-to-use pricing tools are essential.
Swimming Pool and Spa Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register based on the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying a spa can be told of a sale on chemicals.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of equipment, service warranties, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as bundling of spas, covers and installation/delivery into a package price).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Maintenance reminders – send maintenance reminder notices automatically to help generate more recurring services revenue – you can remind a customer that it’s time to service their spa filter.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Unique ID/Serial number tracking – provides a detailed record of each item, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold (useful for higher items).
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like onsite services.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – inventory records with user defined fields relevant to pool and spa merchandise.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Pool Supply Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Swimming Pool and Spa Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows