Repairs and Services Store Point of Sale
Repair focused retailers specialize in the repair of appliances, equipment, clothing and apparel and electronics. While many of these stores sell new merchandise, they also conduct repairs and service on products purchased elsewhere. The best repair and services POS systems not only handle inventory management and sale of merchandise, but also are required to operate a repairs and service department. The #1 requested repair and services management feature is work orders – including the checking in of customer-owned items, recording a description of work requested, adding parts and services, collecting deposits and printing quotes, estimates and invoices.
Repairs and Services Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Trade ins – trade in feature allows you to accept a trade in of an inventory item, create a new trade in record from the order screen or add a ‘prompt for price’ trade in item where you can enter the name and trade in value on-the-fly.
- Store credits – issue store credits to customers that can be applied to future transactions
- Deposit collection and refunds – collect deposits on orders and refund deposits back to original payment card.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services.
- Service item history – Track and view service history of customer-owned items checked in for service work.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Customer Orders module.
- Weatherproof barcode price labels – Use a supported thermal transfer printer to print weatherproof barcode labels that withstand rain and dirt.
Killer POS Feature for Repairs & Services Stores: Work Orders
Check in multiple customer items (such as an electric tool or a lawn mower) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders and set minimum deposit rules.
In addition to the Repair Shop POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Equipment Repairs:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QuickBooks GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QuickBooks
- Create QuickBooks invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QuickBooks Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz