Nursery and Garden Store Point of Sale
Lawn and Garden Center POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register triggered by the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying flowers can be told of a sale on related items (such as fertilizer or pesticides).
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of merchandise, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as gift baskets for avid gardeners).
- Loose and bulk pack/case quantity breakdown – receive items by the case and sell individually.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC (such as plants).
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting
- Sell by weight – Product settings allow you to sell items by incremental quanttities. which is helpful hen selling items by weight.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other nursery, lawn care or garden specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Rugged hardware – MicroBiz also offers retail-hardened hardware from HP that is built to withstand extensive warehouse and outdoor elements such as direct sunlight, dirt, and soil.
Should I Use MicroBiz Cloud or MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subsciptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: