Nursery and Garden Store Point of Sale
Lawn and Garden Center POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of merchandise, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as gift baskets for avid gardeners).
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Credit accounts/Charge to account – authorize employees of a customer to charge purchases to their employer’s credit account.
- Accounts receivable statements – send account statements showing transactions and amount due.
- Pick-up, shipping, delivery dashboard – manage orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered.
- Service department management – manage services transactions (such as landscaping) including a description of work to be performed.
- Sell by weight – Product settings allow you to sell items by incremental quantities. which is helpful when selling items by weight.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Advanced filterable product search – search for and view items by filtering by category, brand, vendor, size, color.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC (such as plants).
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Stock-level look-up – look up stock levels across all store locations from front register.
- Inventory adjustments – Quickly adjust and documents any changes in inventory – such as from spoilage of plants.
Killer POS Feature for Home and Garden Centers: Special Orders
MicroBiz supports the management of Special Orders, or the sale of items not currently in stock. You can mark an item as a special order item at the time its sold, which places it on a list of special order items in the purchasing module. When the item is received from the vendor, MicroBiz alerts the user that the item is attached to a customer order, so that the customer can be contacted and the item can be set aside for pick-up or shipment.
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Matrix Products with Size/Quality/Other Variants
- Product images
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Addres
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Store Transfers
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Everything that you need to automate your retail business
Want to learn more?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subsciptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: