Hardware That Works Out of the Box with MicroBiz for Windows
MicroBiz partners with POS Portal (a division of ScanSource) to sell and support popular, value-based hardware that is easy to set-up and works seamlessly with MicroBiz for Windows.
MicroBiz sells and supports the following hardware and accessories for MicroBiz for Windows through its partner, POS Portal.
Starter desktop hardware bundle
Our desktop starter hardware bundle offers all of the equipment you need to create a clean and modern POS setup in your store.
1x Star Micronics TSP143III USB Printer
1x Motorola LS2208 Handheld Barcode Scanner, Gray
1x Star Micronics CD3-1616 Cash Drawer, Black USB
Note: PC and Monitor not included
Star TSP143 Receipt Printer (USB connection)
- All Accessories Included with Printer
- High Throughput: 22 RPM (Receipts per Minute)
- High Reliability
- Guillotine Auto-cutter up to 1 Million Cuts
- Small ft. Print
- Embedded Power supply
- “Drop In & Print” Paper Loading
- Recessed Cable Connections
- Horizontal or Vertical Orientation Capable
- Wall Mountable Option
- All Drivers and Software Included
- Included futurePRNT Software Provides Full Receipt Customization
Star CD1616 Cash Drawer
Star Micronics CD3 1616 Automatic Cash Drawer is a cost effective cash drawer that integrates seamlessly into any retail or hospitality environment. Supports high volume cash handlers with a full size CD3-1616 drawer for easy organization of currency.
- Printer driven opening and closing
- Includes a black or white stainless steel front drawer cover with dual media slots and a three function lock system.
- Smooth black or white coated finish provides a unified appearance and complements the connected POS peripherals.
- Dual media slots provide extra storage for checks and large bills.
- 3 Function Key Lock at front center allows for an easy manual release via key or electronic release provides added security.
- Standard printer communication interface and bottom exit cable, hidden from the customer’s view – allowing the CD3 to serve any point of sale set up.
- The 5 bill / 8 coin configuration accommodates both Canadian and US currency types.
Motorola LS2208 Barcode Scanner (USB connection)
The Motorola LS2208 handheld barcode scanner offers high performance scanning at a moderate price point.
- High performance 1D linear scanner
- Provides fast, reliable scanning in a durable, lightweight form factor
- Accurately captures data fast, helping employees work quickly and efficiently
- Easy to deploy and use
- Plug-and-play installation
- Intuitive, user-friendly design that requires little or no training
- Ergonomic, balanced form factor
- Reads RSS codes
- Optional scanner stand available
- Features a 5 year warranty
Zebra ZD410d Direct Thermal Tag Printer (standard labels)
Zebra ZD410 Direct Thermal barcode label printer is the smallest printer in its class, fitting easily in the most space-constrained desktop or shelf. This model uses a thermal print-head to apply heat to your label paper, eliminating the need for ink, toner, or printing ribbons. The ZD410 is ideal for printing labels with a shelf life of less than one year.
- Easy to use and troubleshoot
- 2.2″ print width
- 203 and 300 dpi print resolution models (203dpi recommended)
- Direct thermal printing of barcodes, text and graphics
- Multi-position transmissive and full-width reflective sensor
- 5″ outside diameter media capability
- Fan-fold media feed slot
- Supports ZebraDesigner Essentials – free easy label design tool
- Link-OS for unparalleled ease of management
- Direct thermal only
Zebra DS2278 Barcode Scanner (wireless)
The DS2278 enterprise class barcode scanner features a very ergonomic and durable lightweight design that delivers all day comfort.
- Bluetooth wireless connection up to 33 feet direct line-of-site (range can be expanded with CR2278 cradle)
- Support for 2D barcodes and 100 scans per second single line scanning
- Plug-and-play set-up – includes universal cable to connect for set-up
- Designed to withstand multiple drops at 5 ft. to concrete
- 3-year warranty against defects in workmanship and materials
Printer Paper and Label Supplies
Purchase receipt printer and bar code label/tag printer supplies certified to work with printers sold and supported by MicroBiz.
Zebra ZD420t Thermal Transfer Tag Printer (weatherproof labels)
Zebra ZD420 Thermal Transfer barcode label printer features an easy to use clamshell design combined with an intuitive interface. ZD420 printers run Link-OS® and are supported by Star’s Print DNA suite of applications, utilities and developer tools. The ZD420 is ideal for printing labels using coated weatherproof labels.
- Three-button user interface with five LED status icons
- 4.0 – 4.9″ maximum media width
- Can print labels up to 39″ long
- 203 dpi print resolution (recommended option)
- USB interface
- Accepts either 74 m/244 ft. or high capacity 300 m/984 ft. ribbons
- Supports both EPL and ZPL printer languages
- Link-OS software included for label design
- ZD420 replaces Zebra’s popular GK420 Series
- Thermal transfer model required for weatherproof labels
Logic Controls PD3000 Customer Pole Display
Logic Controls PD3000 is a two line USB port powered pole display which can be used display the product description and price of items being rung up.
- Model: PD3000
- Dimensions: 7.87 x 3.37 x 1.75 (WxHxD)
- Width: 7 inches
- Display: 5mm 2×20
- Connection: USB
- Exterior color: Black
- Display: Bright green vacuum fluorescent
- Supports OPOS/JPOS drivers and many command sets
- Manufactured by Logic Controls
CipherLab 8200 Inventory Handheld Computer
CipherLab 8200 physical inventory hand-held computer with 8MB internal memory and laser scanner.
Save hundreds of man hours counting and maintaining your inventory levels with this integrated handheld inventory scanner. Just scan the bar code and enter the number in stock into the handheld using the keypad (or scan each item). Once complete, drop the device into the cradle and transfer the on hand inventory to MicroBiz for Windows using our connector.
- Linear 2D laser scanner
- 32-bit CPU with 8MB flash program memory
- With expandable memory to 8MB SRAM you may now upload your inventory to the scanner for SKU validation.
- Ergonomic and easy to use.
- Includes rechargeable battery with up to 124 hours of use, and USB data/charging cable.
- Optional pistol grip and protective cover (sold separately)
- Does not include installation, configuration and programming – which is sold separately.
- Sold directly by MicroBiz
Handheld Programming and Configuration
Speed up your deployment of your Cipherlab 8200 inventory management mobile handheld computer by purchasing this software configuration and update service.
- It includes installation time, configuration assistance, and program download via the internet to get you Cipherlab 8200 handheld computer up and running with MicroBiz for Windows.
- Requires Internet connection to download configuration application.
- Only compatible with MicroBiz for Windows. Does not integrate with MicroBiz Cloud.
- Sold directly by MicroBiz
We support very popular value-based POS hardware. You have several options on how to buy your hardware.
Use Your Existing POS Hardware
MicroBiz is very flexible and can be used with many popular POS hardware models and accessories. If you’re currently using another point of sale system, MicroBiz might work with your existing printer, bar code scanner and cash drawer. Just test it out and give us a call if you have any issues. MicroBiz works on virtually any PC running a Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10 professional operating system – so you should be set with your main computer.
Buy Through POS Portal
Remove all uncertainty of what model to purchase by buying your hardware through our partner, POS Portal. You will benefit from POS Portal’s sales support and return policies and post-purchase you will receive plug & play support for printers, bar code scanners and cash drawers from MicroBiz support professionals in case you have issues. Plus, you will be running your system on the same hardware that we use to develop and test our software.
Buy Your Own Hardware
It you need more hands-on assistance, you can also purchase POS hardware and accessories through one of our certified resellers. We also publish requirements and supported hardware on our website, so if you have some expertise with setting up hardware you can also purchase your POS hardware yourself. To see which items are supported by MicroBiz, click here.
Q. Can I use my existing POS hardware?
A. Potentially. We support popular value priced POS hardware from Star, Motorola and Zebra. We have designed our software to conform with POS market standards used by these manufacturers as well as other manufacturers in the industry. So, you may find that your existing hardware works. We recommend giving it a try and see if it works.
Q. Can I use MicroBiz with integrated payment processing?
A. We offer EMV compliant integrated payments with MicroBiz Cloud through a partnership with WorldPay (formerly Vantiv/Mercury Payments) and a select group of other payment processors. Integrated payments will allow you to use a customer-facing EMV terminal enabling a customer to pay for a transaction using an EMV terminal without your employee handling the customer’s credit card. Integrated also reduces errors, speeds up the check out process, simplify questions, capture electronic signatures. To learn more, click here.
Q. Can I buy my POS hardware from MicroBiz?
A. For most your POS hardware needs, we partnered with POS Portal (a division of ScanSource) to sell and support the printers, cash drawers and bar scanners. The hardware sold by POS Portal is popular, value-based POS hardware that is easy to set-up and operates seamlessly with MicroBiz Cloud. There are a couple items that POS Portal does not carry, so we sell these directly or through another vendor. This would include customer pole displays, handheld inventory computers and and price labels.
Q. What is the difference between Thermal Transfer and Direct Thermal printers?
A. Direct thermal printing uses chemically treated, heat-sensitive media that blackens when it passes under the thermal printhead, while thermal transfer printing uses a heated ribbon to produce durable, long-lasting images on a wide variety of materials.
Questions on your POS hardware options?
Call MicroBiz sales at (702) 749-5353 (option 2 for sales).