General Retail Store Point of Sale
General stores carry a wide range of merchandise targeted at their specific niche market ranging from gift items, specialty items and even food and beverage. The best retail POS systems allow retailers to ring-up sales, track inventory, look-up products, manage employees, offer discounts and generate reports that provide insightful analysis on performance and trends. These general retailers compete against larger chain stores by offering convenience, deeper selection, unique and hard to find merchandise and high levels of personalized service and expertise. Owning a retail store is challenging in today’s market, so its critical to have point of sale software that satisfies the specific needs of the business.
General Retail Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional matrix inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as merchandise with size, color and style or height, width and length attributes.
- Price labels with bar codes– for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Customer-based group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Advanced search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
- Reusable attribute lists – reusable attribute lists for size and color runs eliminates the tedious task of manually entering sizes and colors when creating matrix products.
- Weatherproof barcode price labels – Use a supported thermal transfer printer to print weatherproof barcode labels that withstand the rain and dirt from outdoor storage.
Killer POS Feature for General Retail Stores: Customer Sales History
MicroBiz allows you to look-up a customer sales history with one touch from the front register. Sales clerks can view customer history by transaction, items purchased or orders. This is a great way to offer better customer service for reorders or suggestions for complimentary products and services.
In addition to the general retail store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage a retail store:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Special Order Tracking
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2