Automotive Aftermarket Point of Sale
Auto supply or automotive aftermarket retailers stock and sell a wide range of automobile-related products. The best auto supply POS systems manage a large number of inventory items, support multiple price levels for retail and wholesale customers and efficiently manage special orders – or the sale of items not in stock. Many auto parts retailers also offer services and need point of sale software that manages work orders. Automotive aftermarket retailers compete by providing expert advice and superior customer service. Strong customer relationship management features are vital to successfully marketing to customers, such as notifying them when it’s time to buy new tires or letting the auto enthusiast know about the latest items for their particular make and model of vehicle
Automotive Aftermarket POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for parts.
- Multiple Checked-in Items – provides ability to manage multiple customer-owned items within a work single customer work order record so you can separately work on multiple vehicles owned by an individual or family.
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Service item history – Track and view service history of customer-owned items checked in for service work.
- Editable product description on receipts – Ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Ecommerce Integration – Integration with WooCommerce allows you to publish product records to Woo!, sync inventory levels and capture online sales of auto-related products in MicroBiz.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Flexible tax code tracking – allows for virtually any taxing scenario such as recreational vehicle tax.
- Customer-based group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Data confidentiality – Complete control and confidentially of your data, unlike systems offered by automotive parts vendors which give your key suppliers complete visibility into the financial performance of your store operations.
- Store credits – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Weatherproof barcode price labels – Use a supported thermal transfer printer to print weatherproof barcode labels that withstand the rain and dirt from outdoor storage.
Killer POS Feature for Auto Parts Stores: Special Orders
Easily sell items not currently in stock (such as specialty auto parts and truck bed liners). You can mark an item as a special order item at the time its sold, which places it on a list of special order items in the purchasing module. When the auto part is received from the vendor, MicroBiz alerts the user that the item is attached to a customer order, so that the customer can be contacted and the auto part can be set aside for pick-up or shipment.
In addition to the automotive aftermarket store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage auto parts retailers:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Create Private Wholesale Online Stores for your Top Customers
Create customized private wholesale ecommerce stores for your best customers using WooCommerce as integrated with MicroBiz. You can offer wholesale pricing for registered customers in a secure password protected private ecommerce site. Display only items curated for a specific customer, such as a fleet manager, corporate customer or restorer. You can completely hide your WooCommerce private wholesale stores from the public, with only your preferred customers being able to access their microsite with a username and password.
The products for sale in the private store can be displayed in an easy-to-use grid format, enabling a wholesale buyer to more easily find products and select variants. You can manage user registration of the employees of your customers – and assign discounts and special prices for items in each private microsite.
Sales in your private online stores are integrated with MicroBiz Cloud, so that online sales are captured and managed in MicroBiz Cloud, and changes in inventory levels sync between your ecommerce site and your store POS/inventory management system.