Automotive Aftermarket Retailers Point of Sale
Automotive aftermarket retailers compete by stocking a wide range of automobile-related products and by offering superior customer service. Strong customer relationship management features are also vital to successfully marketing to customers, such as notifying them when it’s time to buy new tires or letting the auto enthusiast know about the latest items for their particular make and model of vehicle
Automotive Aftermarket POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for parts.
- Multi-dimensional records – provides ability to manage multiple vehicles within a single customer record so you can separately track multiple vehicles owned by an individual or family while maintaining a separate service record for each one of their vehicles.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Serial number/VIN tracking – provides a detailed record of each piece of merchandise, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold.
- Kits or bundles – allows inventory items, service, and warranties to be sold as a bundle or package.
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Flexible tax code tracking – allows for virtually any taxing scenario such as recreational vehicle tax.
- User defined product record fields – allow you to track data specific to the products sold, such as mileage, make/model/year, etc.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Data confidentiality – Complete control and confidentially of your data, unlike systems offered by automotive parts vendors which give your key suppliers complete visibility into the financial performance of your store operations.
- Store credits – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the automotive aftermarket POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage auto aftermarket stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows