Feed Store Point of Sale
Feed and farm supply stores sell products for agricultural and livestock related businesses. The best feed store POS systems keep tight track of inventory and purchasing and can manage special orders, customer-based pricing and the sale of items sold by weight or length. Feed stores range greatly in size depending on the various types of farm products that the store chooses to carry in stock. Some feed stores have hardware departments that sell tools and parts while other farm supply stores sell livestock and farm animals. Detailed information may need to be stored on each item in the feed store’s point of sale software – such as care instructions, notes of interest, or detailed product descriptions.
Feed Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Customer group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as size, weight and quality – or height, width and length attributes.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Accounts receivable – Send printed or emailed statements to customers that pay on account.
- Sell by weight or length – You can set up items that can be sold by fractional quantities for items sold by weight, such as animal feed.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for merchandise and materials.
- Flexible product record fields – Use the category, style, vendor and brands fields to track manufacturer and other pet and feed specific item information.
- Email marketing – Deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Markdown management – Manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Weatherproof barcode price labels – Use a supported thermal transfer printer to print weatherproof barcode labels that withstand the rain and dirt from outdoor storage.
Killer POS Feature for Feed Stores: Customer-based Pricing
Set-up pricing tiers or special pricing based on customer pricing groups, including $ off, % off, cost plus, targeted margins and defined price. Customer pricing can be assigned to different stores. For example, you can give loyal farm owner customers 5% off an item while agriculture-focused contractors are charged cost plus 10%. This can also be used to set-up pricing tiers that are assigned to specific customer groups.
In addition to the Feed Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Feed and Seed stores:
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Service Deptartment Management
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Matrix Products with up to Three Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: