Feed Store Point of Sale
Feed and Farm Supply POS systems have requirements that include support for products for agricultural and livestock related businesses. Feed stores range greatly in size depending on the various types of farm products that the store chooses to service. Some feed stores have hardware departments and sell livestock and farm animals. Detailed information may need to be stored on each item in the POS system – such as care instructions, notes of interest, or detailed product descriptions.
Feed Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register triggered by the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying animal can be told of a feed or other related items.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Loose and bulk pack/case quantity breakdown – Receive items by the case and sell individually.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as soft goods with size, color and style or hard goods with height, width and length attributes.
- Multi-dimensional customer records – manage multiple animals or accounts within a single customer record – so you can separately track multiple animals owned by an individual or family and maintain a separate service record for each farm animal.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of hardware, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as bundling grooming accessories into a bundles product).
- Sell by weight – Interface to supported scales for items sold by weight, such as animal feed.
- Unique ID/Serial number tracking – provides a detailed record of each item (including livestock and animals), when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold (useful for animal ID numbers like the Micro Chip).
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for merchandise and materials.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other pet and feed specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Rental module – allows you to track the renting of a variety of items (such as tools), including quotes, rental rates, due dates, billing/invoicing, rental history, service history and more.
In addition to the Farm Supply and Feed Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Farm Supply and Feed Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows