Feed Store Point of Sale
Feed and farm supply stores sell products for agricultural and livestock related businesses. The best feed store POS systems keep tight track of inventory and purchasing and can manage special orders, customer-based pricing and the sale of items sold by weight or length. Feed stores range greatly in size depending on the various types of farm products that the store chooses to carry in stock. Some feed stores have hardware departments that sell tools and parts while other farm supply stores sell livestock and farm animals. Detailed information may need to be stored on each item in the feed store’s point of sale software – such as care instructions, notes of interest, or detailed product descriptions.
Feed Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Customer group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as size, weight and quality – or height, width and length attributes.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Accounts receivable – Send printed or emailed statements to customers that pay on account.
- Sell by weight or length – You can set up items that can be sold by fractional quantities for items sold by weight, such as animal feed.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for merchandise and materials.
- Flexible product record fields – Use the category, style, vendor and brands fields to track manufacturer and other pet and feed specific item information.
- Markdown management – Manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Weatherproof barcode price labels – Use a supported thermal transfer printer to print weatherproof barcode labels that withstand the rain and dirt from outdoor storage.
Killer POS Features for Feed Stores:
Killer Feature #1: Customer-based Pricing
Set-up pricing tiers or special pricing based on customer pricing groups, including $ off, % off, cost plus, targeted margins and defined price. Customer pricing can be assigned to different stores. For example, you can give loyal farm owner customers 5% off an item while agriculture-focused contractors are charged cost plus 10%. This can also be used to set-up pricing tiers that are assigned to specific customer groups.
Killer Feature #2: Customer Order Management
Manage sales of items not taken immediately from store. You can attach a customer, change status, set a due date, define a handling type, print pick-up slips and add notes. Customer orders can be transferred to the register so that payment can be made and ‘cash and carry’ items can be sold on the same receipt.
In addition to the Feed Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Feed and Seed stores:
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Service Department Management
- Service Item History
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Ecommerce Integration
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Matrix Products with up to Three Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Create Private Wholesale Online Stores
Create private wholesale ecommerce stores for your wholesale customers. The wholesale site can offer products at special whole pricing not available to public customers. The items in the private store can be displayed in an easy-to-use grid, enabling wholesale customers to more easily find products and select size and color variants. Access to the wholesale store is controlled by a username and password, preventing public customers from viewing wholesale pricing.
Or, you can create private microsites for specific customers that display only the items specifically curated for the customer. Like a wholesale site, you can create special discounts or special item prices available only on the microsite. You can completely hide your WooCommerce private stores from the public, with the microsite only being visible by using a private store username and password. You can manage the registration of customers to determine which customers have access to which private store.
Your wholesale and private online stores are integrated with MicroBiz, so that online sales in your wholesale stores or microsites are captured in MicroBiz, and changes in inventory levels sync between your WooCommerce site and your MicroBiz Cloud POS system.
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2