The best point of sale or POS systems are easy-to-use and help small and large retailers ring up sale, manage pricing, track inventory, collect customer data, order and receive vendor shipments and manage employees. Retail stores with POS systems are usually located in high-foot-traffic areas such as malls or city sidewalks. POS system use can range from small store with a limited number of items for sale – to large multi-location retailers with tens of thousands of items for sale. A web-based POS system like MicroBiz Cloud works great for all types of retailers requiring a POS system.
POS System features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Matrix item inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as soft goods with size, color and style or hard goods with height, width and length attributes.
- Discount and markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items and promotional pricing.
- Sales commissions tracking – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Sell by weight – supports the sale of products in fractional quantities, such as items sold by weight.
- Customer-based pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Flexible product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the POS System specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage a variety of retail stores. To view these standard POS features, please click on the button below.
Should I Use MicroBiz Cloud or MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subsciptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: