POS Systems and Retail Inventory Management Systems
The best point of sale systems are easy-to-use and help small and large retailers ring up sales, manage pricing, track inventory, collect customer data, order and receive vendor shipments and manage employees. Retail stores needing top POS software are usually located in high-foot-traffic areas such as malls or city sidewalks. POS system use can range from cash register replacements for small stores with a limited number of items for sale – to inventory management systems large multi-location retailers with tens of thousands of items for sale. A web-based POS system works great for all types of retailers requiring store management software.
The top POS system features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Matrix item inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as soft goods with size, color and style or hard goods with height, width and length attributes.
- Discount and markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items and promotional pricing.
- Sales commissions tracking – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Sell by weight or length – supports the sale of products in fractional quantities, such as items sold by weight.
- Customer-based pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Flexible product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the POS System specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage a variety of retail stores:
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Special Order Tracking
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a mature Windows OS-based single-store software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.