Appliance Store Point of Sale
Appliance Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay for appliances on account, including customer statements.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits on appliances.
- Layaways – collect deposits on items sold while holding the item out of inventory for pick-up at a later date.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting on all types of appliances.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Special orders/Backorders – allows you to track special order items (such as appliances sold that were not in stock), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Separate customer shipping and billing addresses – Helpful when items shipped to different address – with deliveries and shipments taxed on customer’s address.
- Service department management – to manage warranties and repairs on appliances.
- House accounts – authorized employees can charge purchases to a credit account.
- Group pricing or discounts – special prices based on customer level or group – such a contractors or wholesale customers.
- Flexible tax and fee tracking – allows for virtually any taxing or special fee scenario such as disposal fees on televisions.
- Restrictions on discounts – place restrictions on discounting of items.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Set minimum deposits on orders.
- Print quotes, estimates and invoices – Print or email full page order documents.
- Manage basic shipping and deliveries – Ability to sort open orders by employee and status and one-click mapping with Google Maps.
Killer POS Feature for Appliance Stores: Special Orders
MicroBiz supports the management of Special Orders, or the sale of items not currently in stock. You can mark an item as a special order item at the time its sold, which places it on a list of special order items in the purchasing module. When the item is received from the vendor, MicroBiz alerts the user that the item is attached to a customer order, so that the customer can be contacted and the item can be set aside for pick-up or shipment.
In addition to the Appliance Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Appliance stores:
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock appliances)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Appliances for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account/AR
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers (multi-store)
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction (for commission calculations)
- Item and Transaction Level Discounts
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards (real-time, multi-store)
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up with one-touch from Front Register
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt (great for adding serial numbers)
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking (from customer order to receiving vendor shipment)
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: