Appliance Store Point of Sale
Appliance store POS systems need to manage a diverse range of inventory, including many large and high priced items. Given the high cost of inventory, it is important to manage tight inventory control as well as efficiently implement mark-downs and promotions. Appliance stores compete against larger general retailers by offering an extensive range of products, professional-grade items, unique and hard to find merchandise and high levels of service and expertise focused specifically on the needs of appliance buyers. Appliance stores also need to track the serial number of appliances received to inventory or sold in order to connect the specific item sold to the customer who bought it for warranty tracking purposes.
Appliance Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay for appliances on account, including customer statements.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits on appliances.
- Layaways – collect deposits on appliances and other items sold while holding the item out of inventory for pick-up at a later date.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting on all types of appliances.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Special orders/Backorders – allows you to track special order items (such as appliances sold that were not in stock), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Separate customer shipping and billing addresses – Helpful when appliances and other items are shipped to different addresses – with deliveries and shipments taxed on customer’s address.
- Service item history – Track and view service history of customer owned items checked in for service and repair.
- Service department management – to manage warranties and repairs on appliances.
- House accounts – authorized employees can charge purchases to a credit account, with the aa AR statement sent to the credit account.
- Group pricing or discounts – special prices based on customer level or group – such a contractors, apartment managers or wholesale customers.
- Flexible tax and fee tracking – allows for virtually any taxing or special fee scenario such as disposal fees on appliances and televisions.
- Ecommerce Integration – WooCommerce POS interface allows you to publish product records to Woo, sync inventory and capture online appliance sales in MicroBiz POS.
- Restrictions on discounts – place restrictions on discounting of items sold in appliance stores.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Set minimum deposits one layaways and other orders.
- Print quotes, estimates and invoices – Print or email full page order documents.
Killer Features for Appliance Stores
Serial Number Tracking
MicroBiz supports the tracking of serialized inventory or tracking of serial numbers. You can set whether an item such as a kitchen appliance such as a refrigerator has serial numbers and whether the tracking of serial numbers is required or optional. Serial numbers can be added when the item is received into inventory or when the item is sold. The system supports the scanning of bar codes to add the serial numbers to the product record or during the sale transaction. Serial numbers can be viewed for both sold and unsold items.
For more information on serial number tracking, click here.
MicroBiz includes a delivery management module that allows you to manage the delivery of customer orders. You can organize the orders by order status, order date, due date, assigned employee and store. Through an integration with Google Maps, you can select and send the addresses of delivery orders to Google Maps with one click – . From Google Maps, you can arrange the sequence of the deliveries to optimize routing and then either print the routing map or email or text the directions to your phone, where the routing is displayed in Google Maps on your phone.
Create a scheduled task (such a delivery, appointment or repair slot) right from the order record and assign to an employee. Service task calendar can be displayed in multiple views (monthly, weekly, daily) and filtered by assigned employee. The Agenda View of the calendar can be printed to show tasks for the day.
Electronic Vendor Catalogs
MicroBiz allows you to access product records from select product catalogs of major appliance vendors, allowing appliance retailers to quickly and easily add new item records to the MicroBiz POS system with one click, including the SKU, UPC, description of the product, vendor, brand, MSRP and image (depending on data available from the vendor). Below are some of the vendor catalogs available in MicroBiz:
In addition to the Appliance Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Appliance stores:
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock appliances)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Appliances for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account/AR
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers (multi-store)
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction (for commission calculations)
- Item and Transaction Level Discounts
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards (real-time, multi-store)
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up with one-touch from Front Register
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt (great for adding serial numbers)
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking (from customer order to receiving vendor shipment)
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2
Useful Links and Resources:
- Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers – The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) is the trade association representing manufacturers of major, portable and floor care home appliances and suppliers to the industry. AHAM is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and maintains an office in Ottawa. AHAM is the single voice providing the home appliance industry and its customers leadership, advocacy and a forum for action — developing and implementing credible solutions for public policy, standards and business decisions.
- Professional Services Association – PSA is an independent trade association dedicated to promoting the highest standards of quality service in the appliance service industry. Our purpose is to be the voice of the independent service provider and to assess and identify industry related problems and provide solutions. We are dedicated to providing educational training, certification, business management training, support, and fairness to the independent appliance service industry. We encourage professionalism and honesty and publicly identify those technicians and service companies who provide a level of service professionalism that meets the criteria established by the service industry, with industry approved certification credentials.
- Service Alliance Group – Service Alliance Group is a trade association of home service companies and the broader home services industry. Service Alliance Group promotes the growth of home service repair companies to elevate the larger home service repair industry. We cater to the following service industries: Appliance Repair, HVAC Repair, Electricians, and Plumbing.
- Nationwide Marketing Group – Nationwide Marketing Group is North America’s leading buying, marketing and operational support organization for Independent retailers, rent-to-own dealers and custom installers in the major appliances, consumer electronics, furniture, bedding, home theater and outdoor industries. For 50 years, we’ve remained a problem-solving, results-driven team of entrepreneurial advocates, industry veterans and top retail performers that is obsessed with helping Independent business owners like yourself thrive on their own terms.