Appliance Store Point of Sale
Appliance retailers manage a diverse range of inventory, including many large and high priced items. Given the high cost of inventory, it is important to manage tight inventory control as well as efficiently implement mark-downs and promotions. Appliance stores compete against larger general retailers by offering an extensive range of products, professional-grade items, unique and hard to find merchandise and high levels of service and expertise focused specifically on the needs of appliance buyers.
Appliance Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Kits or bundles – ability to bundle inventory items, service, and warranties into kits to be sold as a package.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Maintenance reminder notices – automatically generates notices to bring in more recurring services revenue – you can remind a customer that it’s been six months since their last service call.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Serial number/Product ID tracking – provides a detailed record of each piece of merchandise, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold.
- Service department management – to manage warranties and repairs.
- Trade-in management – manage the trade-in of used items.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients .
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Special orders/Back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Flexible tax and fee tracking – allows for virtually any taxing or special fee scenario such as disposal fees on televisions.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Appliance Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Appliance Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows