Sewing and Fabric Store Point of Sale
The best sewing and quilt store POS systems support the needs of specialized retailers selling to people who love to sew! Specialized sewing and fabric store retail management systems must be able to track inventory, track customer purchases and manage prices. Many sewing and quilt retailers sell items not in stock, such as sewing machines, that must be specially ordered from the vendor – so the ability to manage special orders is critical for the quilting store’s point of sale software. In addition, many of the items sold in sewing and quilting stores, such as threads and related articles, come in a variety of sizes and colors – so support of configurable or matrix items is very important.
Sewing and Quilt Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/Back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Matrix products (size/color/other) – manage products that come in different size/color variants.
- Special customer-based group pricing levels or discounts – set up discounts or pricing tiers based on customer level or group.
- Layaways – collect deposits on large ticket items such as sewing machines while holding the item out of inventory.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items and promotional pricing.
- Product ID tracking – provides a detailed record of merchandise, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold.
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
- Repairs/Service department management – manage alterations and repair services transactions, including ability to check in a customer-owned item and a enter a detailed description of work to be performed.
- Service item history – Track and view service history of customer-owned items checked in for service work, such as sewing machines.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits on items such as sewing machines.
- Advanced filterable product search – search for and view items by filtering by style, category, brand, vendor, size, color.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register.
- Pick-up, shipping, delivery dashboard – manage orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
Killer POS Features for Sewing & Fabric Stores:
Sewing and quilting stores often offer repair, customizations and alteration services. With the service department management features in MicroBiz, you can check in multiple customer items (such as a sewing machine) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services (such as parts and labor) and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders and set minimum deposit rules.
Serial Number Tracking
MicroBiz supports the tracking of serialized inventory or tracking of serial numbers on items such as sewing machines. You can set whether an item has serial numbers and whether the tracking of serial numbers is required or optional. Serial numbers can be added when the item is received into inventory, from the product record or when an item is sold. The system supports the scanning of bar codes of serial numbers. Serial numbers can be viewed for both sold and unsold items.
For more information on serial number tracking, click here.
Electronic Vendor Catalogs
MicroBiz connects with the electronic product catalogs of major sewing and quilt vendors, allowing sewing and quilt retailers to quickly and easily add new item records to the MicroBiz POS system with one click, including the available size/color variant, image, MSRP, and description of the product (depending on data available from the vendor). Below are some of the vendor catalogs available in MicroBiz:
In addition to the Sewing and Quilt POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage sewing and fabric stores stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Check-in of Customer Items for Alterations and Customizations
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address of Customer
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Alterations/Service Dept Management
- Back Order Creation and Filling
- Store Transfers
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Support of Contactless Payments
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking (critical for scrub stores)
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing (1 for x, 3 for y)
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels (special customer prices)
- Product images (can be uploaded)
- Time-based Promotional Pricing
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2
Useful Links and Resources:
American Sewing Guild
Association of Sewing and Design Professionals
Sewing and Stitchery Expo