Cash Register Point of Sale Systems
The POS systems to replace traditional cash registers are easy-to-use and help operate small retailers more efficiently ring up sales, gather customer data, manage inventory and provide reporting that leads to better decision making.
Retailers looking to replace cash registers often are small in size with a limited number of items for sale – so a traditional legacy POS system would be to complex to operate and costly. A powerful but easy-to-use web-based POS system like MicroBiz Cloud works great as a replacement to cash registers.
MicroBiz Cloud POS specific features for Cash Register Replacements include:
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Matrix product inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as soft goods with size, color and style or hard goods with height, width and length attributes.
- Discounts and markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Sell by weight – supports the sale of products in fractional quantities, such as items sold by weight.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Flexible product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
In addition to the cash register replacement POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the following standard features and functionality needed to manage smaller retail businesses replacing cash registers.
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Product images
- Bar Code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promotional pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color Variants
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points