Gun Store and Shooting Sports Point of Sale
Gun stores specialize in the sale of firearms, ammunition and related accessories. The best gun store POS systems tightly track inventory, manage the sale of firearm items and capture and maintain the identity of customers for entry into FFL compliance software. Firearm and ammunition stores can range in size from very small niche shops focusing only on firearms, to shooting ranges, to larger outlets that often sell related merchandise such as hunting gear or hardware. Many shooting sports gun stores also offer repairs and modification services and need point of sale software that includes work order management. Since the sale of firearms and ammunition is highly regulated, gun store point of sale software needs captures relevant information for entry into FFL ‘bound book’ software.
Gun and Shootng Sports Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such hunting apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items – or items with serial numbers.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Service item history – Track work and service history of customer-owned items brought in for service.
- Ecommerce Integration – WooCommerce POS plugin allows you to publish products and images to Woo, sync inventory levels and capture online sales in MicroBiz.
- Add multiple customer-owned item to work orders – manage multiple firearms within a single work order record – so you can add and track multiple firearms owned by an individual or family a single service record.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Flexible product record fields – to track firearm and ammunition specific item information by vendor, brand, style and category.
- Trade ins – trade in feature allows you to accept a trade in of an inventory item, create a new trade in record from the order screen or add a ‘prompt for price’ trade in item where you can enter the name and trade in value on-the-fly.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register (great for looking up reorders of ammunition).
Killer Feature #1: Serial Number Tracking
MicroBiz supports the tracking of serialized inventory or tracking of serial numbers on firearms. You can set whether an item has serial numbers and whether the tracking of serial numbers is required or optional. Serial numbers can be added when the item is received into inventory, from the product record or when an item is sold. The system supports the scanning of bar codes of serial numbers. Serial numbers can be viewed for both sold and unsold items.
For more information on serial number tracking, click here.
Killer Feature #2 for Gun Stores: Work Orders
Check in multiple customer items (such as a rifle) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders and set minimum deposit rules. You can assign an employee to the service request, and use the Order Management portal to manage the delivery, shipment and pick-up of the order.
In addition to the Ammunition and Firearms POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage a Gun store:
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based Promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking (ties vendor shipment to customer order)
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers (multi-store)
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2