Firearms and Ammunition Store Point of Sale
Gun store POS systems manage retail businesses that specialize in the sale of firearms and ammunition. These types of retailers can range in size from very small niche shops, to shooting ranges, to larger outlets that often sell related merchandise such as hunting gear or hardware. Since the sale of firearms and ammunition is highly regulated, it is critical for these retailers to track the sale of firearms, including serial numbers and the identity of the purchaser in a FFL compliance software application. The best POS systems for gun stores allow for the capture of relevant information in both the register system and FFL ‘bound book’ software.
Gun Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such hunting apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items – or items with serial numbers.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Add multiple customer-owned item to workorders – manage multiple firearms within a single workorder record – so you can add and track multiple firearms owned by an individual or family a single service record.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Flexible product record fields – to track firearm and ammunition specific item information by vendor, brand, style and category.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Customer Sales History Look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register (great for looking up reorders of ammunition).
Killer POS Feature for Gun Stores: Work Orders
Check in multiple customer items (such as a rifle) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders and set minimum deposit rules. You can assign an employee to the service request, and use the Order Management portal to manage the delivery, shipment and pick-up of the order.
In addition to the Ammunition and Firearms POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage a Gun store:
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based Promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking (ties vendor shipment to customer order)
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers (multi-store)
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: