Furniture and Home Decor Store Point of Sale
POS systems for Furniture and Home Decor retailers help manage a diverse range of inventory while supporting design and custom services. In addition, furniture retailers do a lot of made-to-order business. As a result, furniture and home décor retailers need to carefully control their furniture and home decor inventory and pricing, manage multiple furniture vendors, and maintain accurate and detailed order and sales records. Given the seasonality and rapidly changing tastes and trends, it is imperative that inventory stay current and accurate. It is also important to track relevant customer information such as purchase history, tastes, contact information and important dates, in order to run targeted marketing campaigns.
Furniture Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register triggered by the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying furniture can be told of a sale on certain home décor items.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of furniture, home décor items, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as furniture with size, color and style or height, width and length attributes.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for fabrics and materials.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to tracking special order items (such as furniture not carried in inventory), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Substitute items – suggest substitutes instantly at the register for out of stock items by linking product records with alternative or substitute items.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other furniture or home decor specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Furniture Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Furniture Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows