Musical Instrument Store Point of Sale
Musical Instrument Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements (handy for music students).
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits (for example on instrument rentals).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like lessons and instrument repairs.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as equipment not carried in inventory), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group (students, teachers, etc.).
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Music Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Musical Instrument Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz for Winddows.
Should I Use MicroBiz Cloud or MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subsciptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: