Musical Instrument Store Point of Sale
Musical Instrument and Equipment Stores are businesses that may sell music, musical instruments, music equipment, or provide services such as instrument repair, renting, and sometimes music lessons. As these are typically lower volume retailers, music retailers are generally interested in an easy-to-use system that tightly tracks inventory and supports all the products and services provided to customers.
Musical Instrument Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements (handy for music students).
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits (for example on instrument rentals).
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of instruments, music equipment, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Maintenance reminders -send maintenance reminder notices automatically to help generate more recurring services revenue – you can remind a customer that it’s time to tune their musical instrument.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like lessons and instrument repairs.
- Rental module – allows you to track the renting of a variety of items (such as instruments), including quotes, rental rates, due dates, billing/invoicing, rental history, service history and more.
- Serial number/ID tracking – provides a detailed record of each piece of merchandise or part, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for merchandise and materials.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as equipment not carried in inventory), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group (students, teachers, etc.).
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Music Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Musical Instrument Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows