Musical Instrument Store Point of Sale
Musical instrument and equipment stores sell music, musical instruments and equipment, and may provide services such as instrument repair, instrument rentals, and music lessons. The best music store POS systems keep close track of inventory, capture customer data and support a services and repair department. Music retailers are generally interested in an easy-to-use point of sale system that supports all the products and services provided to customers. Top point of sale software for music stores also includes flexible reporting that shows which products and services are the most profitable as well as fast and slow selling items.
Musical Instrument Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits (for example on instrument rentals).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Credit accounts/charge to account – authorize employees of a customer to charge purchases to their employer’s credit account
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements (handy for music students).
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group (students, teachers, etc.).
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like lessons and instrument repairs.
- Check-in of customer items (instruments) for repair – check-in and manage customer-owned items to be repaired
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as equipment not carried in inventory), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone
- Prompt for price inventory and service items – setting generating a prompt for a price field at the register
Killer POS Feature for Music Stores: Customer Sales History
MicroBiz allows you to look-up a customer sales history with one touch from the front register. Sales clerks can view customer history by transaction, items purchased or orders. This is a great way to offer better customer service, manage reorders, see what instruments were purchased and suggest complimentary products and services.
In addition to the Music Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Musical Instrument Stores:
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: