Clothing and Apparel Store Point of Sale
Clothing and apparel stores generate revenue through the retail sales of new or sometimes used clothing and apparel items. The best clothing and apparel POS system support smart buying of merchandise, inventory management, pricing tools and detailed customer relationship management. Specialty clothing shops or stores can range in size from very small niche shops, to medium-size consignment stores, to large shopping outlets. Given high inventory turns and seasonality in the clothing and apparel business, a top point of sale software system is critical. In particular, clothing retailers often need support for matrix products (items that come in different size and color combinations) and products that change from season to season.
Apparel and Clothing Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Multi-dimensional matrix inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such clothing and apparel with size, color and style attributes.
- Attribute lists – reusable size and colors runs for creation of matrix products (works great with vendor-specific color runs)
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items (such as clothing in a special or out of stock size), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- User defined product record fields – to track season, buyer, fabric and other clothing and apparel specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Advanced search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
Killer POS Feature for Clothing Stores: Matrix Products
MicroBiz supports Matrix Products that come in different size, color and other variants. Matrix’s can contain one, two or three attributes. You can set-up reusable size or color attribute lists to speed up the creation of matrix products. The three dimensional matrix cube allows you to see and edit open stock, committed stock, cost, price and reorder points for all matrix SKUs on one sheet. Matrix show open stock, committed stock, price, cost and reorder levels of matrix SKUs all in a single table view.
In addition to the Clothing Boutique POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Clothing and Apparel Stores:
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Special Order Tracking
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps*
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
* Coming soon
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2