Clothing and Apparel Store Point of Sale
Clothing and apparel stores sell a variety of ‘soft goods’. This type of merchandise different sizes and colors, and has high turnover from seasonality. Clothing stores supported by MicroBiz can range in size from very small niche shops offering highly curated collections from top designers to medium-size stores offering a larger range of merchandise. The best clothing and apparel POS systems support the sale of matrix or configurable items that have have variant SKUs sharing the same style or item ID. Given the seasonality turnover in the clothing and apparel business, the smart use of buying, , inventory management, merchandising and pricing tools are essential. Other features of a good clothing store point of sale system is the ability to check stock in other locations, display of an image being sold, and integration with an ecommerce platform such as WooCommerce to support the sale of inventory online using a website synced with the POS software.
Clothing Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Multi-dimensional matrix inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such clothing and apparel with size, color and style matrices – with the axis of the matrix showing the different attributes.
- Filtered Catalog search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
- Reusable Attribute Lists – reusable attribute lists for size and color runs eliminates the tedious task of manually entering sizes and colors when creating matrix products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- Management of alterations and tailoring – use the work order functions to enter description of the alterations requested and charge for services provided.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Ecommerce Integration – WooCommerce POS integration allows you to link product records between Woo and MicroBiz, sync inventory between systems and capture online sales in MicroBiz.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items (such as clothing in a special sized or out of stock sized items), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory for purchase by the customer at a later date.
- Product images – so salespeople can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
Killer POS Feature for Clothing Stores: Matrix Products
MicroBiz supports matrix or configuable products that come in different size, color and other variants. Matrix’s in MicroBiz can contain one, two or three attributes. To speed up the creation of matrix products, you can set-up reusable size or color attribute lists. This is very helpful for saving commonly used size runs and vendor-specific color lists. The three dimensional matrix ‘cube’ allows you to see and edit relevant data on all the matrix SKUs in one place, including open stock, committed stock, cost, price and reorder points for all matrix SKUs.
In addition to the Clothing and Apparel POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage clothing stores and boutiques:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Special Order Tracking
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz