Toy and Hobby Store Point of Sale
Toy Store POS systems support businesses that specialize in the sale of toys and hobby items. To compete, specialty toy and hobby retailers need to deliver the expertise and personalized service of a specialty merchant along with a deeper selection of top merchandise in their niche area of focus. Some lines of toys can gain overwhelming popularity overnight and some lose popularity almost as fast. So toy retailers are focused maintaining accurate inventory to help identify increased or decreased demands for top items and buying efficiently.
Toy and Hobby Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register based on the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying a toy train can be told of a sale on track and other accessories.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of related items to be sold as a package at point of sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such toy and hobby items with color, size, style or other attributes.
- Price labels with bar codes– for items that do not come with a UPC (such as small gift items found at the register).
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a special or high priced hobby items), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – to track toy and hobby specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Toy Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Toy and Hobby Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows