Toy and Hobby Store Point of Sale
Toy and hobby stores specialize in the sale of toys and hobby items. The best toy store POS systems are focused on maintaining accurate inventory to help identify increased or decreased demands for top selling items and buying efficiently. To compete against large online retailers, specialty toy and hobby shops need to deliver the expertise and personalized service of a specialty merchant along with a deeper selection of top merchandise in their niche area of focus – toys and hobbies. Some lines of toys can gain overwhelming popularity overnight and some lose popularity almost as fast. So top toy and hobby POS software applications include smart pricing and discounting tools.
Toy and Hobby Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such toy and hobby items with color, size, style or other attributes.
- Price labels with bar codes– for items that do not come with a UPC (such as small toys and gift items found at the register).
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Gift receipts – print gift receipts which exclude prices.
- Create/Update products via CSV file import – add or update product and services records via import of a CSV file.
- Enforceable business rules on discounts and returns – advance settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns at the register.
- Quantity-based tiered pricing – set-up quantity-based pricing schemes (1 for $5, 3 for $10).
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone
- Layaways – take deposits on items set aside for purchase and pick-up at a later date
- Advanced filterable product search – search for and view items by filtering by category, brand, vendor, size, color.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a special or high priced hobby items), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Flexible product record fields – to track toy and hobby specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
Killer POS Feature for Hobby and Toy Stores: Customer Sales History
MicroBiz allows you to look-up a customer sales history with one touch from the front register. Sales clerks can view customer history by transaction, items purchased or orders. This is a great way to offer better customer service for reorders or suggestions for complimentary products and services.
In addition to the Toy Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Toy and Hobby Stores:
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Customer-based Pricing/Tiered Pricing
- Matrix Products with Size/Color Variants
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Special Order Tracking
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules
- Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Employee Roles and Permissions
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: