Shoe and Footwear Store Point of Sale
Shoe stores specialize in the retail sale of footwear. There are many different types of specialized shoe stores – boot stores, women’s shoes, men’s shoes, custom shoes, kids shoes, work shoes, etc. Shoe stores not only sell shoes, but also offer a wide range of shoe accessories and other services (such as shoe repair). Given the very high number of SKUs (from different size, color, style and widths) and seasonality, the smart use of buying, inventory management and pricing tools are essential.
Footwear and Shoe POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register based on the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying a pair of dress shoes can be told of a sale on shoe trees, polish or other accessories.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of shoes, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as bundling shoe care products into a gift basket).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Loose and bulk pack/case quantity breakdown – Receive items by the case and sell individually.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such shoes and footwear with color, size and width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a shoe in a special or out of stock size), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit .
- User defined product record fields – to track season, buyer, style and other shoe and apparel specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Shoe and Footwear POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Shoe Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows