Public Safety Uniform Point of Sale
Public safety uniform retailers meet the uniform and accessory needs of fire fighters, police and EMS individuals and departments – and safety companies. The best pubic safety uniform POS systems must be able to automate ordering, tightly track inventory, manage prices and support detailed customer records. Many public safety retailers sell a lot of items that are not in stock – and must be ordered from the vendor. As a result, top uniform point of sale software has the ability to manage special orders from beginning to end. In addition, public safety items come in a variety of sizes and colors – so the highest rated uniform management systems support matrix items. Work order management is also critical, as uniforms are often customized for alterations, embroidery and patches.
Electronic Vendor Catalogs
MicroBiz connects with the electronic product catalogs of select major uniform vendors, allowing retailers to quickly and easily add new item records to the MicroBiz POS system with one click, including the available size/color variant, image, cost and description of the product. MicroBiz allows users to set up pricing and rounding rules to generate retail prices based on the cost, MAP and MSRP data in the vendor catalog. In addition, the vendor data feeds provide real-time visibility into the vendor’s stock levels in its supply chain. These vendor stock levels are displayed in MicroBiz to assist users in checking product availability of products when creating orders. Below are some of the vendor catalogs available in MicroBiz:
Public Safety Uniform and Equipment Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/Back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on credit account, including customer statements.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Bundled items – ability to bundle inventory items, service, and warranties into kits to be sold as a package or grouped items at the register.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory as committed stock.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Matrix products – Sell items with size/color/other SKU variants.
- Alterations/Service department management – manage alterations and services transactions including a description of work to be performed.
- Service item history – Track and view service history of customer-owned items checked in for service work, such as alterations or embroidery of public safety uniforms and apparel.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients .
- Customer group pricing or discounts – set different price tiers based on customer level or group.
- Flexible tax and fee tracking – allows for virtually any taxing or special fee scenario.
Killer POS Feature for Public Safety Uniform Retailers: Special Orders
MicroBiz supports the management of Special Orders, or the sale of items not currently in stock – such as uniforms. You can mark an item as a special order item at the time its sold, which places it on a list of special order items in the purchasing module. When the item is received from the vendor, MicroBiz alerts the user that the item is attached to a customer order, so that the customer can be contacted and the item can be set aside for pick-up or shipment.
In addition to the Public Safety Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Public Safety uniform and equipment stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Create Private Online Stores for Your Top Customers
Create private ecommerce stores for your top customers using WooCommerce. These microsites can contain items curated specifically for a customer – and the sites are integrated with MicroBiz Cloud through our WooCommerce interface. Curated microsites are perfect for customers such as a police and fire departments, government departments or other public safety organizations – where you want to offer a select variety of items for sale to the customer. You can completely hide these private stores from the visitors to your public WooCommerce ecommerce site. Access to the private microsites can be managed through the use of usernames and passwords managed by you.
The items in the private store can be displayed in an easy-to-use grid, enabling the microsite user to more easily find products and select size and color variants. You can assign discounts and special prices for items in each private store based on the specific customer.
These private online stores are integrated with MicroBiz, so that online sales in your microsites are captured in MicroBiz, and changes in inventory levels sync between your ecommerce site and your MicroBiz POS system.
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2