Public Safety Uniform Point of Sale
Public safety uniform retailers meet the uniform and accessory needs of fire fighters, police and EMS individuals and departments – and safety companies. The best pubic safety uniform POS systems must be able to automate ordering, tightly track inventory, manage prices and support detailed customer records. Many public safety retailers sell a lot of items that are not in stock – and must be ordered from the vendor. As a result, top uniform point of sale software has the ability to manage special orders from beginning to end. In addition, public safety items come in a variety of sizes and colors – so the highest rated uniform management systems support matrix items. Work order management is also critical, as uniforms are often customized for alterations, embroidery and patches.
Public Safety Uniform and Equipment Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/Back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on credit account, including customer statements.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Bundled items – ability to bundle inventory items, service, and warranties into kits to be sold as a package or grouped items at the register.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory as committed stock.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients .
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Flexible tax and fee tracking – allows for virtually any taxing or special fee scenario.
- Matrix products – Sell items with size/color/other SKU variants
Killer POS Feature for Public Safety Uniform Retailers: Special Orders
MicroBiz supports the management of Special Orders, or the sale of items not currently in stock – such as uniforms. You can mark an item as a special order item at the time its sold, which places it on a list of special order items in the purchasing module. When the item is received from the vendor, MicroBiz alerts the user that the item is attached to a customer order, so that the customer can be contacted and the item can be set aside for pick-up or shipment.
In addition to the Public Safety Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Public Safety uniform and equipment stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: