Pet and Pet Supply Point of Sale
Pet store POS software must support the sales activities of pet supplies, aquatics, pets and/or provide pet services such as grooming, tank cleaning, dog sitting, and boarding. The POS system requirements for pet stores range greatly in size depending on the various pet types the store chooses to service. Some pet stores have lawn and garden departments, while other pet stores offer kennel services. Detailed information may need to be stored on each item in the POS system – such as care instructions, notes of interest, or detailed product descriptions.
Pet Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register triggered by the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying dog food can be told of a sale on dog dishes or other related items.
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of hardware, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as bundling pet grooming accessories into a gift basket).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Loose and bulk pack/case quantity breakdown – Receive items by the case and sell individually.
- Service reminders – send service/maintenance reminder notices automatically to help generate more recurring services revenue – you can remind a customer that it’s time groom their dog.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as soft goods with size, color and style or hard goods with height, width and length attributes.
- Multi-dimensional customer records – manage multiple pets within a single customer record – so you can separately track multiple pets owned by an individual or family and maintain a separate service record for each pet.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sell by weight – Interface to supported scales for items sold by weight.
- Unique ID/Serial number tracking – provides a detailed record of each item (including pets and animals), when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold (useful for collars with ID numbers like the Micro Chip).
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for merchandise and materials.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other pet and feed specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Pet Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage pet supply stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows