ATV and Powersports Store Point of Sale
Powersports stores sell ATVs, motorcycles, snowmobiles and related apparel and gear. The best powersports POS systems not only ring up sales and manage the inventory of high priced items, but also support a service department offering services such as tune-ups and repairs. Many also operate a rental business. Given the high seasonality of inventory, top motorcycle, ATV and snowmobile POS software systems also include tight inventory control, serial number tracking, ability to track customer purchase history as well as efficiently implement mark-downs and promotions.
Powersports Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Pick-up, shipping, delivery dashboard – manage orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such motorcycle and snowmobile apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Flexible product record fields – to track vendor, brand, category, style and other motorcycle and snowmobile specific item information.
- Deposit collection and refunds – collect deposits on orders and refund deposits back to original payment card.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Trade ins – trade in feature allows you to accept a trade in of an inventory item, create a new trade in record from the order screen or add a ‘prompt for price’ trade in item where you can enter the name and trade in value on-the-fly.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items and date-based promotional pricing.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like snowmobile or motorcycle repairs or tune-ups.
- Service item history – Track and view service history of customer-owned items checked in for service work, such as an ATV.
- Customer-based pricing – create special prices or pricing tiers for different customer types.
Outdoor Motorsports Killer POS Features:
Services and repairs is a large driver of profits for powersports retailers. MicroBiz supports the ability to check in multiple customer-owned items (such as a snowmobile or ATV). Enter description of work to be done and service notes and add parts and services. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders and set minimum deposit rules. MicroBiz also includes a service history of each customer-owned item from the customer record.
Serial Number Tracking
MicroBiz supports the tracking of serialized inventory or tracking of serial numbers on items such as ATVs and snow machines. You can set whether an item has serial numbers and whether the tracking of serial numbers is required or optional. Serial numbers can be added when the item is received into inventory, from the product record or when an item is sold. The system supports the scanning of bar codes of serial numbers. Serial numbers can be viewed for both sold and unsold items.
For more information on serial number tracking, click here.
In addition to the ATV and Snowmobile Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage ATV and Motorcycle Stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2