Motorcycle and Snowmobile Store Point of Sale
Motorcycle and Snowmobile stores specialize in the retail sale of motorcycle and snowmobiles and related apparel and gear. Most of these retailers have a service department offering services such as tune-ups and repairs. Many also operate a rental business. Given the high cost of inventory, it is important to manage tight inventory control as well as efficiently implement mark-downs and promotions.
Motorcycle and Snowmobile Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of items, service warranties, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as bundling of motorcycle or snowmobile apparel into a package price).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Maintenance reminder notices – send maintenance reminder notices automatically to help generate more recurring services revenue – you can remind a customer that it’s time to tune their motorcycle or snowmobile.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such motorcycle and snowmobile apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Multi-dimensional customer records – Manage multiple vehicles within a single customer record – so you can separately track multiple vehicles owned by an individual or family and maintain a separate service record for each vehicle.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Rental module – allows you to track the renting of a variety of items, including quotes, rental rates, due dates, billing/invoicing, rental history, service history and more.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Unique ID/Serial number tracking – provides a detailed record of each item, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold .
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like snowmobile or motorcycle repairs or tune-ups.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- User defined product record fields – to track model, brand, buyer, style and other motorcycle and snowmobile specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Motorcycle and Snowmobile Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage ATV and Motorcycle Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows