Motorcycle and Snowmobile Store Point of Sale
Powersports stores sell ATVs, motorcycles, snowmobiles and related apparel and gear. The best powersports POS systems not only ring up sales and manage the inventory of high priced items, but also support a service department offering services such as tune-ups and repairs. Many also operate a rental business. Given the high seasonality of inventory, top motorcycle and snowmobile POS software systems also include tight inventory control, ability to track customer purchase history as well as efficiently implement mark-downs and promotions.
Motorcycle and Snowmobile Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Pick-up, shipping, delivery dashboard – manage orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such motorcycle and snowmobile apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Flexible product record fields – to track vendor, brand, category, style and other motorcycle and snowmobile specific item information.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like snowmobile or motorcycle repairs or tune-ups.
- Deposit collection and refunds – collect deposits on orders and refund deposits back to original payment card.
- Customer-based pricing – create special prices or pricing tiers for different customer types.
Killer POS Feature for Outdoor Motorsports Stores: Work Orders
Check in multiple customer items (such as a snowmobile or ATV) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders and set minimum deposit rules.
In addition to the Motorcycle and Snowmobile Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage ATV and Motorcycle Stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: