Fitness and Exercise Equipment Store Point of Sale
Fitness equipment store POS systems support retailers that generate sales and profits from the sales of fitness and exercise equipment and accessories. While some big exercise equipment retail stores and chains carry a wide range items for different exercise equipment categories, smaller stores may specialize in one fitness category. To compete, the best specialty exercise equipment retailers deliver the expertise and personalized service of a specialty retailer along with a deeper selection of exercise merchandise. As a result, fitness equipment stores manage a diverse range of inventory items – from equipment to shoes to clothing to accessories. Some fitness retailers have a service component or repair used equipment.
Fitness and Exercise Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such exercise apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a specialized exercise gear or apparel), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Price quotes – generate and print sales price quotes and hold tickets (great for team sales).
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like repairing broken equipment.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Flexible product record fields – to track brand, vendor, style and other exercise equipment and apparel specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
Killer POS Feature for Fitness and Exercise Stores: Customer Sales History
MicroBiz allows you to look-up a customer sales history with one touch from the front register. Sales clerks can view customer history by transaction, items purchased or orders. This is a great way to offer better customer service for reorders or suggestions for complimentary fitness products and exercise-related services.
In addition to the Exercise Equipment POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Fitness and Exercise retailers:
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Bar code label scanning
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Customization/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: