Bicycle Store Point of Sale
Bike stores sell both bicycles and accessories, and most bicycle shops often rent, or repair bicycles and offer additional services. The best bicycle store POS systems feature inventory tracking capabilities, detailed customer records, repairs and services department management and special orders, which are the sale of items not in stock. The retail space of the shop usually dictates the size of the inventory, and it can range from a small storefront with a few demo bikes to top-tier large warehouse stores stocking a wide selection of bikes, parts, accessories. Some bikes are delivered complete while other are assembled in the shop.
Bicycle Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for parts.
- Check-in multiple customer items – you can manage multiple bikes within a single work order record – so you can work on multiple bikes owned by an individual or family on a single work order record.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Centralized pricing – for basic sizes and colors of a particular bike model.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Multi-dimensional inventory matrix grid – to easily manage multi-attribute matrix items such clothing and apparel with size, color and style attributes.
- Quotes, work orders and invoices – with the work order and invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to pick-up or purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Data confidentiality – Complete control and confidentially of your data, unlike systems offered by bicycle manufacturers which give your key suppliers complete visibility into the financial performance of your store operations.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
Killer POS Feature for Bike Stores: Work Orders
Check in multiple customer items (such as a bike or a jersey/shorts kit) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services (such as parts and labor) and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders on bikes and set minimum deposit rules.
In addition to the Bicycle Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Bike Shop:
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants (great for bike apparel)
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers (multi-store)
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: