Bicycle and eBike Store Point of Sale
Bike stores and eBike stores sell electric and bicycles and accessories, and most bicycle shops repair or assemble eBikes and bicycles and offer additional services such as rentals. The best eBike and bicycle store POS systems feature inventory tracking capabilities, detailed customer records, repairs and services department management and special orders, which are the sale of items not in stock. The retail space of the shop usually dictates the size of the inventory, and it can range from a small storefront with a few demo bikes to top-tier large warehouse stores stocking a wide selection of bikes, parts, accessories. Some bikes are delivered complete while other are assembled in the shop.
Bicycle and eBike store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for parts. Ability to filter work orders by status and employee assigned to see who is working on what work order.
- Check-in multiple customer items – you can manage multiple bikes within a single work order record – so you can work on multiple bikes owned by an individual or family on a single work order record.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Trade ins – trade in feature allows you to accept a trade in of an inventory item, create a new trade in record from the order screen or add a ‘prompt for price’ trade in item where you can enter the name and trade in value on-the-fly.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items (i.e. items not in stock), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Service item history – track service history for customer-owned item brought to the store for service and repair.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Ecommerce Integration – WooCommerce POS integration allows you to publish products and images to Woo!, sync inventory levels and capture online sales of bicycle products in MicroBiz.
- Quotes, work orders and invoices – with the work order and invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to pick-up or purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Data confidentiality – Complete control and confidentially of your data, unlike systems offered by bicycle manufacturers which give your key suppliers complete visibility into the financial performance of your store operations.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Multi-dimensional inventory matrix grid – to easily manage multi-attribute matrix items such clothing and apparel with size, color and style attributes.
Killer POS Feature #1: Work Orders
Check in multiple customer items (such as a bike or a jersey/shorts kit) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services (such as parts and labor) and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders on bikes and set minimum deposit rules.
Killer POS Feature #2: Serial Number Tracking
MicroBiz supports the tracking of serialized inventory or tracking of serial numbers for bicycles and ebikes. You can set whether an item has serial numbers and whether the tracking of serial numbers is required or optional. Serial numbers can be added when the item is received into inventory, from the product record or when an item is sold. The system supports the scanning of bar codes of serial numbers. Serial numbers can be viewed for both sold and unsold items.
For more informattion on serial number tracking, click here.
In addition to the Bicycle Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Bike and eBike Stores:
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants (great for bike apparel)
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers (multi-store)
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2
Useful Links and Resources:
- National Bicycle Dealers Association – National Bicycle Dealers Association exists to strengthen these businesses through education, research, communication, and advocacy. When we create thriving bicycle retailers the industry and the cycling community follows. The NBDA is a non-profit supported by the membership of participating retailers and industry partners.
- Bicycle Retailer – Bicycle Retailer & Industry News is the leading source of news and information about the bicycle industry in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
- Outdoor Retailer – Outdoor Retailer is North America’s largest tradeshow in the outdoor industry drawing attendees from around the world. At the heart of Outdoor Retailer is an incredible community of brands, retailers, decision makers, designers and key stakeholders that gather to do business and have important conversations that influence our future.
- People for Bikes – PeopleForBikes has created a prominent place for bikes in transportation, mobility and recreation decisions at all levels of government. We ensure bikes are prioritized and positioned as a real solution to improve Americans’ health, connect communities, boost local and state economies, strengthen our nation and protect our planet.