Furniture and Home Decor Store Point of Sale
Furniture and home decor retailers manage a diverse range of inventory and related accessories. Specialty furniture retailers also offer a lot of made-to-order business and design and custom services. The best furniture store POS systems tightly control inventory and pricing, manage multiple furniture vendors, and maintain accurate and detailed order and sales records. Furniture store management systems also need to manage deliveries. Given the seasonality and rapidly changing tastes and trends, it is imperative that inventory stay current and accurate. It is also important to track relevant customer information such as purchase history and contact information in order to run targeted marketing campaigns.
Furniture Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional matrix inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as furniture with size, color and style or height, width and length attributes.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Advanced search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for fabrics and materials.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to tracking special order items (such as furniture not carried in inventory), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Customer group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
Killer POS Feature for Home Decor Stores: Special Orders
Manage Special Orders, or the sale of items not currently in stock. You can mark an item as a special order item at the time its sold, which places it on a list of special order items in the purchasing module. When the item is received from the vendor, MicroBiz alerts the user that the item is attached to a customer order, so that the customer can be contacted and the item can be set aside for pick-up or shipment.
In addition to the Furniture & Home Decor Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Furniture Stores:
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Print Bar Code Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps*
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
* Coming soon
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2