Uniform and Scrub Retailer Point of Sale
Uniform store POS systems must support the needs specialized retailers selling to employees of hospitals. doctors offices, food services, schools, laboratories and other companies requiring employees to wear uniforms. Uniform retail management systems must be able to track inventory and manage prices. Many uniform retailers sell items not in stock that must be ordered from the vendor – so the ability to manage special orders is critical. In addition, medical scrubs and uniforms usually come in a variety of sizes and colors – so support of matrix items is important.
Uniform Store and Scrub Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/Back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients .
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Advanced Filterable Product Search – search for and view items by filtering by style, category, brand, vendor, size, color.
- Customer Sales History Look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register.
- Alterations/Service Department Management – manage alterations and services transactions including a description of work to be performed.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on credit account, including customer statements.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items and promotional pricing.
- Product ID tracking – provides a detailed record of merchandise, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold.
- Vendor Catalog Integration – Download and search the catalogs of select uniform vendors
- Phone Orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard – manage orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered.
- Matrix Products (Size/Color/Other) – manage products that come in different size/color variants.
Killer POS Feature for Uniform and Scrub Stores: Special Orders
MicroBiz supports the management of Special Orders, such as the sale of scrubs and uniforms not currently in stock. You can mark an item as a special order item at the time its sold, which places it on a list of special order items in the purchasing module. When the uniform or scrub is received from the vendor, MicroBiz alerts the user that the item is attached to a customer order, so that the customer can be contacted and the item can be set aside for pick-up or shipment. This is a great feature for businesses doing a large number of special orders – such as scrub stores.
In addition to the Uniform POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage uniform stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Check-in of Customer Items for Alterations and Customizations
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address of Customer
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Alterations/Service Dept Management
- Back Order Creation and Filling
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels (special customer prices)
- Product images (can be uploaded)
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing (1 for x, 3 for y)
- Time-based Promotional Pricing
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking (critical for scrub stores)
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: