Nursery and Garden Store Point of Sale
Plant nurseries, lawn and garden centers and farm supply stores have many similar needs for their POS system. A plant nursery or garden center may sell plants, trees, flowers, sod, gardening supplies and more. Plant nurseries tend to grow at least some portion of their stock, while garden centers often tend to distribute plants produced off-site, or supplied by wholesale plant nurseries. Garden centers and farm supply stores also may sell pets and animals. Detailed information needs to be able to be stored on each item in the system – such as care instructions or detailed descriptions. The best POS software for garden centers and nurseries can adjust inventory easily when plants or tress are lost because conditions were not optimal.
Lawn and Garden Center POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Credit accounts/Charge to account – authorize employees of a customer to charge purchases to their employer’s credit account – and send out customer statements.
- Accounts receivable statements – send account statements showing transactions and amount due.
- Pick-up, shipping, delivery dashboard – manage orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered.
- Service department management – manage services transactions (such as landscaping) including a description of work to be performed.
- Inventory adjustments – Quickly adjust and documents any changes in inventory – such as from spoilage of plants.
- Sell by weight or fractional quantities – Product settings allow you to sell items by incremental quantities, which is helpful when selling items by weight, height or length (such as landscaping supplies).
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction – allowing you to sell items from your vendor’s catalog.
- Group pricing or discounts – offer special pricing based on customer level or group – such as professional landscapers or loyal customers.
- Advanced filterable product search – search for and view items by filtering by category, brand, vendor, size, color.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC (such as plants).
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Stock-level look-up – look up stock levels across all store locations from front register – allowing you to see inventory at a growing facility from your register.
Killer POS Feature for Home and Garden Centers: Special Orders
MicroBiz supports the management of Special Orders, or the sale of items not currently in stock, such garden accessories such as fountains or water features. You can mark an item as a special order item at the time its sold, which places it on a list of special order items in the purchasing module. When the item is received from the vendor, MicroBiz alerts the user that the item is attached to a customer order, so that the customer can be contacted and the item can be set aside for pick-up or shipment.
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels (for classes such as professional landscapers)
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing (buy x for y)
- Time-based promo pricing (to put items on sale)
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Matrix Products with Size/Quality/Other Variants
- Product images (and images can be imported in bulk)
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time/length)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Management of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Addres
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (sale of out of stock or items from vendor catalog)
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Store Transfers (document transfer of items between locations)
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns (such as minimum deposit requirements)
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards (multi-store)
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up (from front register)
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Transaction Holds/Recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: