Fishing and Tackle Store Point of Sale
Fishing & tackle stores specialize in the sale of fishing and tackle equipment, including fishing rods and gear, bait and tackle and related fishing and marine accessories. Given the wide variety of products, fishing and tackle POS systems closely track inventory, manage the sale of a variety of rods and reels and safety accessories, clothing, shoes, gear and equipment. Fishing lures come in a variety of sizes and colors, so the best fishing store POS systems support matrix or configurable products. Fishing and tackle stores can range in size from very small niche shops focusing only on certain sport (such as fly fishing), to larger outlets that sell boats, floatation devices and a wider range of related merchandise, such as hunting gear, apparel and footwear, camping equipment and hardware. Many fishing and boasting stores also offer repairs and other services and need bait and tackle point of sale software that includes order management and work order/services management. These smaller niche stores and even larger stores often process a large number of special orders, or the sale of items not usually carried in stock.
Fishing and Tackle Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services.
- Service item history – tracks the history in the customer record of items brought in for service and repair, such as boats, engines and rods and reels – – so you can add and track multiple items being repaired by an individual or family a single service record.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits on larger orders, such as boats and marine engines.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders module.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional matrix products – to easily manage multi-attribute items such fishing rods and fishing tackle, outdoor clothing, gear and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register (great for looking up reorders of fishing rods and types of fishing lures).
- Ecommerce integration – WooCommerce POS integration allows you to publish product records to Woo, sync inventory levels between the systems and capture online sales in MicroBiz.
- Minimum deposit requirements – enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Customer-based group pricing or discounts – set different pricing tiers or discounts based on customer level or group, such as fishing guides and preferred customers.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items – or items with serial numbers.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Item care instructions and dimensions – product record includes a field displayed at register for product notes and instructions- which is great to store recommendations for fishing lures.
- Product images – allows clerks and sales people can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
Killer POS Feature for Fishing and Tackle Stores: Matrix Products
MicroBiz supports matrix or configurable products that come in different size, color and other variants. This can include fishing lures that come in different sizes and colors, and clothing and shoes that come in size, color and width/fit. Matrix’s can contain one, two or three attributes. You can set-up reusable size or color attribute lists to speed up the creation of matrix products. The three dimensional matrix cube allows you to see and edit open stock, committed stock, cost, price and reorder points for all matrix SKUs on one sheet. Matrices show open stock, committed stock, price, cost and reorder level of matrix SKUs all in a single table view.
In addition to the fishing and tackle POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage a fishing and boating/outdoor recreational store:
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts (full page and 40 column)
- Custom Tenders
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Time-based Promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Categories and Sub-Categories
Multi-store Inventory Management
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Special Order Tracking (ties vendor shipment to customer order)
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Store Transfers (multi-store)
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Service item history
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2
Useful Links and Resources:
Are you looking at opening a new fishing and tackle store or seeking to become the best fishing and tackle store in your market? If so, the links below cam provide some excellent information on how to improve or grow your fishing and boating business.
American Fly Fishing Trade Association
American Sportfishing Association
National Marine Manufacturers Association
Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation
American Sportfishing Association
American Outfitter and Guide Association
American Fisheries Society
Federation of Fly Fishers
Fly Fishers International
International Game Fish Association