Thrift and Discount Store Point of Sale
Thrift and dollar stores sell a wide variety of general merchandise at discount prices. The best thrift store POS systems must be inexpensive and easy-to-use because these thrift outlets compete primarily on price compared with other traditional retailers. Given the low margins, there is a focus on buying smart, having low distribution costs, leasing inexpensive real estate and running efficient operations. Top thrift store point of sale systems need to be able to manage a high volume of business – as thrift stores have to generate higher sales to compensate for the lower margins. Thrift stores retail management software must also support price label and product pricing schemes that can be different that the typical retailers.
Thrift and Discount Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Price labels with bar codes– for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Auto SKU generator – the system can automatically generate unique SKU when creating new products, which is helpful in stores where items are unique or one of a kind.
- Multi-dimensional matrix inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Advanced filterable product search – search for and view items by filtering by category, brand, vendor, size, color.
- Create/Update products via CSV file import – add or update product and services records via import of a CSV file.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Flexible product record fields – to track thrift or discount store specific item information using categories, vendor, brands, style and alt ID fields.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Item and transaction discount – discount an item or groups of items by percent, dollar off or define a new price.
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
Killer POS Feature for Discount and Thrift Stores: Filterable Product Search
The Advanced Search Feature in MicroBiz Cloud allows you to visually search through all your inventory by filtering by multiple levels of categories, vendor, brand – and for matrix products – size and color. You can drill into more detail with one touch to see item sales history and inventory by store location.
In addition to the Thrift Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Dollar and Thrift Stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: