Thrift and Discount Store Point of Sale
Thrift and dollar stores sell a wide variety of general merchandise at discount prices. The best thrift store POS systems must be inexpensive and easy-to-use because these thrift outlets compete primarily on price compared with other traditional retailers. Given the low margins, there is a focus on buying smart, having low distribution costs, leasing inexpensive real estate and running efficient operations. Top thrift store point of sale systems need to be able to manage a high volume of business – as thrift stores have to generate higher sales to compensate for the lower margins. Thrift stores retail management software must also support price label and product pricing schemes that can be different that the typical retailers.
A critical feature of popular thrift and resale store POS systems is the ability to auto generate a SKU. Resale and thrift stores often buy their merchandise individually from a variety of sellers or at bulk. These are generally unique products or used products without an ordering ID. So an thrift store POS system ordering process is different that a standard POS system where the user buys from a standard distributor using SKUs or UPC codes.
Thrift and Discount Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Print price labels with bar codes– for items that do not come with a UPC code. You can print a label with a barcode to speed the check out process by scanning the barcode.
- Auto SKU generator – the system can automatically generate unique SKU when creating new products, which is helpful in stores where thrift and used resale items are unique or one of a kind.
- Product images – you can load an image of the thrift or resale item being sold so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting by customer type.
- Advanced filterable product search – to view stock levels by keyword or category, you can search for and view items by filtering by category, brand, vendor, size, color.
- Create/Update products via CSV file import – when buying in bulk, you can add or update product and services records via import of a CSV file. Or use this for bulk price updates.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Discounting – you can discount items at the register with one click by % off, $ off or new price. You can also assign a discount reason (damaged, employee discount, etc)
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Flexible product record fields – to track thrift or discount store specific item information using categories, vendor, brands, style and alt ID fields.
- Item and transaction discount – discount an item or groups of items by percent, dollar off or define a new price.
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
Killer POS Feature for Discount and Thrift Stores: Filterable Product Search
The Advanced Search Feature in MicroBiz Cloud allows you to visually search through all your inventory by filtering by multiple levels of categories, vendor, brand – and for matrix products – size and color. You can drill into more detail with one touch to see item sales history and inventory by store location.
In addition to the Thrift Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Dollar and Thrift Stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2