Thrift and Dollar Store Point of Sale
Thrift and Dollar stores market a wide variety general merchandise at deep discount prices. Because these thrift outlets compete primarily on price compared with other traditional retailers, there is a focus on buying smart, having low distribution costs, leasing inexpensive real estate and running efficient operations. Outlet stores often do a high volume of business because of the lower prices.
Thrift and Dollar Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register based on the type of merchandise being purchased.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of merchandise with other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as gift baskets or package deals).
- Loose and bulk pack/case quantity breakdown – receive items by the case or box and sell individually (helpful for buying discontinued items in bulk).
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Price labels with bar codes– for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – to thrift or dollar store specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Thrift Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Dollar and Thrift Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows