Sporting Goods Store Point of Sale
Sporting Goods stores are businesses that derive their profits from the sales of sporting equipment and accessories. While some big sporting good stores and chains carry a wide range items for different sporting categories, smaller stores may specialize in one sporting category. To compete, specialty sporting goods retailers need to deliver the expertise and personalized service of a specialty merchant along with a deeper selection of merchandise. As a result, sporting goods stores manage a diverse range of inventory items – from equipment to footwear to apparel to accessories. Some have a service component or barter used equipment.
Sporting Goods Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register based on the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying a pair of soccer shoes can be told of a sale on shin guards or other accessories.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of equipment, apparel, footwear, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as bundling of golf clubs, shoes and bag into a package price).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Loose and bulk pack/case quantity breakdown – Receive items by the case or box and sell individually (useful for selling golf balls by the case, sleeve or ball).
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such sports apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Rental module – allows you to track the renting of a variety of items (such as canoes and camping gear), including quotes, rental rates, due dates, billing/invoicing, rental history, service history and more.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Price quotes – generate and print sales price quotes and hold tickets (great for team sales).
- Unique ID/Serial number tracking – provides a detailed record of each item, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold (useful for higher priced fitness equipment).
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like stringing tennis rackets.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a specialized gear or apparel), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Trade-ins – manage trade-ins of used items – in fact you can ring up sales, trade-ins, and rental items on the same invoice.
- User defined product record fields – to track season, team, style and other sporting goods and apparel specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Sporting Goods POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Sporting Goods Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows