Ski and Outdoor Recreation Point of Sale
Ski and outdoor sports retail businesses specialize in the sale of winter and outdoor recreational apparel and gear. The best outdoor recreation POS systems support the sale and inventory management of the wide variety of specialized outdoor sporting goods merchandise – ski/snowboard stores, backcountry gear, camping, backpacking, cross country skiing, etc. Many of these are seasonal businesses that sell different items (patio, bikes, camping) in the summer and skis and snowboards in the winter. The top ski and snowboard POS software includes the support of a services and repair department for renting skis/boards, sharpening and waxing services and bartering used equipment.
Winter and Outdoors Sports Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits (for example on equipment rentals).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such winter apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Sales tracking by customer – you can track multiple skis/snowboards puchased using customer recoreds that list all transactions by the customer as well as all items and services purchased.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Phone orders – accept orders and collect payments from customers calling to order by phone.
- Deposit collection and refunds – collect deposits on orders and refund deposits back to original payment card.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like ski or board tunings.
- Check-in of customer items for repair – check-in and manage customer-owned items to be repaired.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a ski in a special or out of stock size), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit .
- Flexible product record fields – to track vendor, category, brand, style and other ski and apparel specific item information.
- Create/update products via CSV file import – add or update product and services records via import of a CSV file.
Killer POS Feature for Outdoor Sports & Ski Shops: Work Orders
Check in multiple customer items (such as a bike or ski to be repaired) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders and set minimum deposit rules. Sell cash and carry items at the same time as collecting a deposit on a work order.
In addition to the Ski Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Ski and Snowboard Stores:
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Tiers
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: