Ski and Snowboard Store Point of Sale
Ski and Snowboard POS systems support retail businesses that specialize in the retail sale of winter sports apparel and gear. There are many different types of specialized winter sports stores – ski/snowboard stores, back country gear, back packing, cross country skiing, etc. Many of these are seasonal businesses that sell different items (patio, bikes, camping) in the summer. Most have a service component, such as renting skis/boards, sharpening and waxing services and bartering used equipment.
Alpine and Nordic Ski Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register based on the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying a pair of skis can be told of a sale on helmets, ski socks or other accessories.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits (for example on equipment rentals).
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of shoes, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as bundling of skis, boots and poles into a package price).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Maintenance reminders – send maintenance reminder notices automatically to help generate more recurring services revenue – you can remind a customer that it’s time to tune or wax their skis.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such winter apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Multi-dimensional customer records – manage multiple skis/snowboards within a single customer record – so you can separately track multiple skis/snowboards owned by an individual or family and maintain a separate service record for each set of skis/snowboards.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Rental module – allows you to track the renting of a variety of items (such as skis or snowboards), including quotes, rental rates, due dates, billing/invoicing, rental history, service history and more.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Unique ID/Serial number tracking – provides a detailed record of each item, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold (useful for higher priced items such as skis and snowboards).
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services like ski or board tunings.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a ski in a special or out of stock size), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit .
- Trade-ins – manage trade-ins of used items – in fact you can ring up sales, trade-ins, and rental items on the same invoice.
- User defined product record fields – to track season, buyer, style and other ski and apparel specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Ski Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Ski and Snowboard Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows