Party and Paper Store Point of Sale
Paper and Party Store POS system help retailers manage a wide range of merchandise targeted at the relatively niche party and stationary market. These retailers usually carry a variety of associated items such as gift items and office supplies. Party and Paper stores compete against larger general retailers by offering convenience, the best, unique or hard to find merchandise and high levels of personalized service and expertise. These retailers tend to search for easy-to-use POS systems.
Party Center Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register triggered by the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying a gift or stationary can be told of a sale on a related item or accessory.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping (e.g. gift basket) of merchandise, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as merchandise with size, color and style or height, width and length attributes.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC (such as small party favors).
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other party-related or paper specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Party and Paper Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Party Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows