Health and Beauty Supply Store Point of Sale
Health and beauty supply stores manage a wide range of merchandise targeted at the health and beauty needs of consumers. Health and beauty supply stores can have either a retail or wholesale focus. The best health and beauty supply POS systems tightly control inventory and can manage the sale products at different pricing levels. Retail beauty supply stores compete against larger general retailers and pharmacy chains by offering a deep selection of the best health and beauty-focused products, unique merchandise and superior customer service and product expertise. Wholesale focused businesses offer customer-based pricing and often sell on account and bill customers. Top beauty supply store point of sale software can easily access a particular customer’s entire sales history to help the retailer make recommendations based on what was previously purchased.
Health and Beauty Supply Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Customer-based pricing or discounts – set pricing tiers or customer-based prices based on customer level or group, such as loyalty customers or wholesalers.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Minimum inventory reorder points – set minimum inventory level to help auto-generate POs for replenishment of inventory.
- Time-based promotional pricing – set-up promotional or discount prices for a specific date range.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register.
- Filtered search by category, brand and vendor – the Advanced search functions display tiles with images and allow you to search by filtering your catalog by category, vendor, brand, size and other attribute.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Credit accounts/Charge to account – authorize employees of a customer to charge purchases to their employer’s credit account.
- Accounts receivable statements – send account statements showing transactions and amount due.
Killer POS Feature for Heath and Beauty Supply Stores: Customer-based Pricing
Set-up pricing tiers or special pricing based on customer pricing groups, including $ off, % off, cost plus, targeted margins and defined price. Customer pricing can be assigned to different stores. For example, you can give loyalty retail customers 5% off an item while wholesale beauty store customers are charged cost plus 10%.
In addition to the Health and Beauty Supply Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage beauty supply stores:
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: