Health and Beauty Supply Store Point of Sale
Health and Beauty supply store POS systems help manage a wide range of merchandise targeted at the health and beauty needs of consumers. Health and beauty supply stores can have either a retail or wholesale focus. Retail beauty supply stores compete against larger general retailers and pharmacy chains by offering a deep selection of the best health and beauty-focused products, unique merchandise and superior customer service and product expertise. Wholesale focused businesses offer customer-based pricing and often sell on account and bill customers. The best point of sale systems for beauty supply stores can easily access a particular customer’s entire sales history to help the retailer make recommendations based on what was previously purchased.
Health and Beauty Supply Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Customer-based pricing or discounts – set pricing tiers or customer-based prices based on customer level or group, such as loyalty customers or wholesalers.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Minimum inventory reorder points – set minimum inventory level to help auto-generate POs for replenishment of inventory.
- Time-based promotional pricing – set-up promotional or discount prices for a specific date range.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register.
- Filtered search by category, brand and vendor – the Advanced search functions display tiles with images and allow you to search by filtering your catalog by category, vendor, brand, size and other attribute.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Credit accounts/Charge to account – authorize employees of a customer to charge purchases to their employer’s credit account.
- Accounts receivable statements – send account statements showing transactions and amount due.
Killer POS Feature for Heath and Beauty Supply Stores: Customer-based Pricing
Set-up pricing tiers or special pricing based on customer pricing groups, including $ off, % off, cost plus, targeted margins and defined price. Customer pricing can be assigned to different stores. For example, you can give loyalty retail customers 5% off an item while wholesale beauty store customers are charged cost plus 10%.
In addition to the Health and Beauty Supply Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage beauty supply stores:
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: