Kiosk Store Point of Sale
The best kiosk POS systems are easy to use and help operate small, semi-permanent open-fronted booths or stands where goods are marketed or sold. Kiosks are usually located in high-foot-traffic areas such as malls or city sidewalks. Kiosks are always small in size and normally have a limited number of items for sale – so a web-based POS system like MicroBiz Cloud works great.
Kiosk POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as soft goods with size, color and style or hard goods with height, width and length attributes.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Customer sales history look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register.
- Sell by weight – supports the sale of products in fractional quantities, such as items sold by weight.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Transaction and item notes – add notes that appear below line items or at the bottom of the receipt.
- Item and transaction returns – return a single item or all items on a transaction, sell and return items on a single transaction.
- Flexible product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs and other specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Kiosk POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage kiosks, including:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
Repairs and Orders
- Phone Orders
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Store Transfers
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Support of Contactless Payments
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
Want to learn more?
Is MicroBiz Cloud or MicroBiz for Windows a better fit for my business?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, a cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows – and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: