Industrial and Janitorial Supplies Point of Sale
Industrial supply retailers and wholesalers require POS systems that support the sale of a wide variety of products used for for repair, maintenance, operations, manufacturing and production. These type of businesses are also known as ‘MRO Supply’ or ‘Maintenance, Repair and Operations’. Examples include janitorial and cleaning supplies, tools and equipment, electrical products, motors, hardware and fasteners and safety equipment. These types of retailers need the ability to sell at different price levels to different customers, take phone orders, ring up in-person sales, extend credit and sell products not currently in stock through special orders. The best industrial supply POS software applications support all these requirements.
Industrial Supplies POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to tracking special order items not carried in inventory, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Customer-based pricing or discounts – Pricing tiers or levels based on customer type or group.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for merchandise and materials.
- Sell by fractional quantity – ability to sell products and services at partial units or fractional quantities.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients.
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction – assign an employee to a transaction to help with calculating commissions.
- Advanced search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Stock-level Look-up – look up stock levels across all store locations from front register.
- Customer Sales History Look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register.
Killer POS Feature for Industrial Supply Companies: Customer-based Pricing
You have the ability to set-up different prices for different customers. You can assign customers to a pricing group (such as wholesalers or loyalty accounts), making the customer eligible for special customer-based pricing and discounts. Customer-based pricing can be based on $ or % discount from retail price, $ or % mark-up over cost, targeted margin or new price. Prices are adjusted automatically at the register when a customer record with a special pricing group is attached.
In addition to the industrial supply POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the below standard features and functionality needed to manage jantorial and other industrial supply retail businesses:
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Bar Code Label Scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Service Deptartment Management
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Back Order Creation and Filling
Multi-store Inventory Management
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Special Order Tracking
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: