Gift Shop Point of Sale
Gift shop retailers to carry a wide range of merchandise targeted at niche markets. The best gift store POS systems can easily manage the entire inventory of the store from small trinkets to large presents and everything in between. Gift Shops compete against larger general retailers by offering convenience, unique and hard to find merchandise and high levels of personalized service and expertise. As a result, it is essential for gift shop point of sale software to support superior customer service, and include features such as gift cards, gift receipts and the ability to look-up customer sales history with one touch.
Gift Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Multi-dimensional matrix inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such as merchandise with size, color and style or height, width and length attributes.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit and track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Advanced filterable search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Minimum inventory reorder points – set minimum inventory level to help auto-generate POs for replenishment of inventory.
- Gift receipts – Ability to print receipts without the sales prices, so the gift recipient can return or exchange the time without knowing the sale price.
Killer Gift Store POS Feature: Customer Sales History
MicroBiz allows you to look-up a customer sales history with one touch from the front register. Sales clerks can view customer history of gifts and presents purchased by transaction, items purchased or orders. This is a great way to offer better customer service for reorders or suggestions for complimentary products and services.
In addition to the Gift Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage gift stores:
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Product images
- Bar Code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promotional pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color Variants
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: