Fashion Boutique Point of Sale
Fashion boutique POS systems help these types of retailers generate revenue through retail sales of fashion-related clothing and apparel items. Specialty fashion boutiques can range in size from very small niche shops to medium-size stores. Given high inventory turns and seasonality in the clothing and apparel business, the smart use of buying, merchandising, inventory management and pricing tools are critical. In particular, fashion-based businesses need a POS system that can support the sale of matrix items and products.
Fashion Boutique POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items (such as clothing in a special sized or out of stock sized items), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- User defined product record fields – to track season, buyer, fabric, special sizes and other fashion and apparel specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications such as MailChimp and Constant Contact.
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register based on the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying a dress can be told of a sale on handbags or other accessories
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory for purchase by the customer at a later date.
- Multi-dimensional matrix inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such clothing and apparel with size, color and style matrices – with the axis of the matrix showing the different attributes.
- Product images – so salespeople can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of clothing articles, accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
In addition to the Fashion Boutique POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage stores with fashion and apparel items. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of features, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows