Fashion Boutique Point of Sale
Fashion boutiques generate revenue through retail sales of clothing and apparel items. The best fashion boutique POS systems support the sale of matrix items (items that come in different sizes and colors) and high turnover merchandise. Specialty fashion boutiques can range in size from very small niche shops offering highly curated collections to medium-size stores offering a larger range of merchandise. Given the seasonality in the clothing and apparel business, the smart use of buying, merchandising, inventory management and pricing tools are critical. Another feature of a top boutique point of sale system is the ability to look-up the historical sales of customers quickly and easily from the front register, so that salespeople can see what items can be recommended for add-on sales.
Fashion Boutique POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Multi-dimensional matrix inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such clothing and apparel with size, color and style matrices – with the axis of the matrix showing the different attributes.
- Advanced search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
- Reusable Attribute Lists – reusable attribute lists for size and color runs eliminates the tedious task of manually entering sizes and colors when creating matrix products.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items (such as clothing in a special sized or out of stock sized items), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by sorting and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications such as MailChimp and Constant Contact.
- Management of alteractions and tailoring – use the work order functions to enter description of the alteractions requested and charge for services provided.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory for purchase by the customer at a later date.
- Product images – so salespeople can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
Killer POS Feature for Fashion Boutiques Stores: Matrix Products
MicroBiz supports Matrix Products that come in different size, color and other variants. Matrix’s can contain one, two or three attributes. You can set-up reusable size or color attribute lists to speed up the creation of matrix products. This is great for saving various size runs and vendor-specific color lists. The three dimensional matrix cube allows you to see and edit open stock, committed stock, cost, price and reorder points for all matrix SKUs on one table/sheet.
In addition to the Clothing and Apparel POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Fashion Boutiques:
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Customer-based Pricing/Pricing Tiers
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Special Order Tracking
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: