Phone and Electronics Repair Store Point of Sale
Specialty electronic repair stores generate revenue by offering repairs and related services for fast moving consumer electronics market, such as mobile phones, TVs, cameras, gaming consoles, stereos, computers and other electronic merchandise. The best phone repair store POS systems support work orders for phone repairs and also track serial numbers of audio or video components, cellular phones or other items with warranties. Many electronics repair stores increase revenue by selling electronic accessories, providing the rental of items such as games, or providing repair or diagnostic services. Given the high cost and rapid turnover of consumer electronics, inventory management and the ability to ring up sales is critical for top repair store point of sale software.
Phone Repair Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for parts.
- Service item history – Track and view service history of customer-owned items checked in for service work, such as computers and electronics.
- Quotes and invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items (such as a part or screen not carried in inventory), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Trade ins – trade in feature allows you to accept a trade in of an inventory item, create a new trade in record from the order screen or add a ‘prompt for price’ trade in item where you can enter the name and trade in value on-the-fly.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer and specifications and other consumer electronics specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Advanced search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
Killer POS Feature #1 for Phone Repair Stores: Work Orders
Check in multiple customer items (such as a computer or laptop) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders and set minimum deposit rules.
Killer POS Feature #2: Serial Number Tracking
MicroBiz supports the tracking of serialized inventory or tracking of serial numbers. You can set whether an item has serial numbers and whether the tracking of serial numbers is required or optional. Serial numbers can be added when the item is received into inventory, from the product record or when an item is sold. The system supports the scanning of bar codes of serial numbers. Serial numbers can be viewed for both sold and unsold items.
In addition to the Electronics and Phone Repair Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Electronics Stores including:
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2
Useful Links and Resources:
Consumer Technology Association
Consumer Technology Association