Computer Store Point of Sale
Computer store POS systems support the sale of products and services relating to the computer industry. To compete with online and big box discount retailers, specialty computer stores usually offer a variety of related services alongside product sales, such as repairs, installation, training and implementation, customization, web design, consulting, and more. Given the high cost and rapid turnover of technologies, inventory management is critical. Inventories can vary from large inventories of computers, peripherals, parts, and accessories all the way to ‘just in time’ operations with little or no inventory at all.
Computer Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register based on the type of merchandise being purchased so a customer buying a computer can be told of a sale on certain peripherals.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of computers, peripherals, service warranties and accessories or other related items to be sold as a package at point of sale.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Maintenance reminder notices – generate more recurring services revenue by sending notices to remind a customer that it’s been six months since their last service.
- Multi-dimensional records – provides ability to manage multiple computers within a single customer record – so you can separately track multiple computers owned by an individual or family while maintaining a separate service record for each one of their computers.
- Serial number/ID tracking – provides a detailed record of each piece of merchandise, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for parts.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a computer model not carried in inventory), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- User defined product record fields – to track manufacturer, specs, ports and other computer specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Computer Services POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Compter Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of features, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows