Computer Store Point of Sale
Computer Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for parts.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Multi-dimensional records – provides ability to manage multiple computers within a single customer record – so you can separately track multiple computers owned by an individual or family while maintaining a separate service record for each one of their computers.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a computer model not carried in inventory), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Advanced search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
In addition to the Computer Service and Repair POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Computer and Electronics Stores. To view these standard POS features, please click on the button below.
Should I Use MicroBiz Cloud or MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subsciptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: