Computer Repair Store Point of Sale
Computer repair shops generate revenue by repairing computers and electronic equipment and selling related accessories. The best computer repair store POS systems manage repairs and alterations using work orders and the sale of items not in stock using special orders. To compete with online and big box discount retailers, specialty computer repair stores usually offer a variety of related services alongside product sales, such as repairs, installation, training and implementation, customization, web design, consulting, and more. Given the high cost and rapid turnover of technologies, inventory management is critical. Top computer services point of sale software are able help services businesses keep a low level of inventories of computers, peripherals, parts, and accessories – or use ‘just in time’ operations with little or no inventory at all.
Computer Repair Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for parts.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Check-in multiple customer items – provides ability to check in and manage multiple customer-owned items (such as computers) within a single work order record – so you can separately track multiple computers owned by an individual or family on a single work order.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a computer model not carried in inventory), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Quotes and Invoices – with the invoice in progress functionality, you can quote a customer, print the quote, then when the customer comes in to purchase, simply recall the on hold invoice and process the sale.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Advanced search screen – search by item name, ID and other attributes, view product tiles, filter by categories, brands, vendors, size, color, etc.
Killer POS Feature for Computer Stores: Work Orders
Check in multiple customer items (such as a laptop or computer) and print claim tags. Enter description of work to be done and service notes. Print estimated, quotes and invoices which show due dates, charges for items and services and amount due. Collect deposits from customers on work orders and set minimum deposit rules. You can assign and employee, and view all works orders from the Order Management portal, allowing you to manage shipments, pick-up and deliveries of work orders.
In addition to the Computer Service and Repair POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Computer and Electronics Stores:
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar Code Label Scanning
- Transaction Holds/Recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Bar Code Price Labels
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: