Book Store Point of Sale
Book Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Textbook ISBN tracking – through an alternative SKU provides a detailed record for each textbook inventory item — when it was received, individual cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was purchased..
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items (such as out of print books), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group, such as book club members, faculty and students.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such apparel and supplies with size, color and style attributes.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
In addition to the Book Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Book Stores. To view these standard POS features, please click on the button below.
Should I Use MicroBiz Cloud or MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subsciptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: