Book Store Point of Sale
Specialty book store POS systems need to support the sale of books, magazines, and sometimes even music sales. Book stores range in size from small specialty stores to very large book “outlets”. Many of the best book stores have reading and study areas for their patrons and may even sell coffee and snacks. Specialty book stores compete against larger top retailers by maintaining popular books in stock while offering unique and hard to find merchandise and high levels of service and expertise. Book stores need POS systems that scan bar codes, take deposits, process payments and manage inventory.
Book Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Textbook ISBN tracking – through an alternative SKU provides a detailed record for each textbook inventory item — when it was received, individual cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was purchased.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items (such as out of print books), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group, such as book club members, faculty and students.
- Editable product description on receipts – ability to edit from the front register the short product description which appears on a receipt. Helpful when selling unique or customizable items.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Phone order support – ability to manage phone orders for pick-up, shipment or delivery through the Orders in Progress module.
- Minimum deposit requirements – Enforce management rules such as minimum deposits on orders at the store level.
- Restrictions on discounts and returns – management settings allow restrictions to be placed on discounts and returns of products.
Killer POS Feature for Book Stores: Customer Sales History
MicroBiz allows you to look-up a customer sales history with one touch from the front register. Sales clerks can view customer history by transaction, items purchased or orders. This is a great way to offer better customer service for reorders or suggestions for complimentary products and services.
In addition to the Book Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Book Stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers (multi-store)
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payment Processing
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts, Returns, Deposits
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: