Art and School Supply Store Point of Sale
Art Store POS systems and School Supply Store point of sale systems need to manage a wide range of merchandise targeted at creative and student markets. Art and School Supply stores compete against larger general retailers by offering professional-grade items, unique and hard to find merchandise and high levels of service and expertise focused specifically on the needs of artists and students. The best POS systems for art supply stores can ring up sales quickly and efficiently, manage inventory and support customer-based pricing and special orders of items not in stock.
Art and school supply store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Selling in fractional quantities – ability to sell items by fractions of a unit such as by weight or linear length. Useful in selling paper and measured products.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- Editable product descriptions on receipts – ability to edit the product description that is printed on receipts. Helpful when selling unique or custom items.
- Gift cards – Ability to sell and redeem gift cards without needing to pay fees to a 3rd party payment processor.
- Ecommerce Integration – WooCommerce POS plugin allows you to publish products and images to Woo, sync inventory levels and capture online sales and customers in MicroBiz.
- Customer-based group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items with sizes, color and style attributes.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
Killer POS Feature for Art Supply Stores: Filterable Product Search
The Advanced Search Feature in MicroBiz Cloud allows you to visually search through all your inventory of art supply items by filtering by multiple levels of categories, vendor, brand – and for matrix products – size and color. You can drill into more detail with one touch to see item sales history and inventory by store location.
In addition to the Art Supply Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Art Supply Stores:
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration
- QuickBooks Online Integration
Expand Functionality of MicroBiz via Integrations with Popular 3rd Party Apps
Publish register batch financials to QuickBooks Online with one-touch
- Map POS financial activities to QBO GL accounts
- Publish register batch financials to QBO with one touch
- Sync revenue, COGS, inventory values, customer liabilities and payments with QBO
- Create QBO invoice payable from received vendor shipments
- Push POS sales taxes to QBO Sales Tax Center for payment management
Integrate your POS system with your Woo! ecommerce site
- Link product records and sync changes in product fields from MicroBiz to Woo!
- Automatically adjust stock levels in Woo! for store sales to avoid sales of items not in stock
- Pull online orders into MicroBiz for order and inventory management
- Capture customer records created online in MicroBiz
Want to learn more?
Or call our sales department at 702 749-5353 option 2
Useful Links and Resources:
- National Art Materials Trade Association – Namta® is The Association of the art/creative materials industry members. Namta strives to provide members with the products, services and information needed to grow and prosper. Namta is an International Association recognized as a leader and a unifying force in the support, sustainability and advocacy of the Fine Art, Craft, and Creative Materials Industry.
- Art Materials World – Sponsors the CAMEX tradeshow, the place to meet with campus retail buyers.
- Education Market Association – EDmarket is a nonprofit trade association whose members are thought-leaders in the industry. Our association connects manufacturers, dealers, architects, designers, and schools to positively impact education. We are the resource that is focused on understanding how physical space, pedagogy, and technology converge to improve student outcomes inspire the future of education.
- National School Supply and Equipment Association – NSSEA promotes an open market for quality educational products and services that are produced and delivered by professional suppliers and dealers. NSSEA is made up of over 1,500 member companies involved in the school market industry.
- EDexpo – Buyers and sellers connect at EDexpo, where education and training helps dealers increase sales through exposure to best practices and thought leaders. Experience the latest innovations for the learning environment, including instructional materials, teaching aids, technology products, and educational games, toys, and supplies.