Art and School Supply Store Point of Sale
Art and school supply store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- Selling in fractional quantities – ability to sell items by fractions of a unit. such as by weight or linear length. Useful in selling paper and measured products.
- Editable product descriptions on receipts – ability to edit the product description that is printed on receipts. Helpful when selling unique or custom items.
- Gift cards – Ability to sell and redeem gift cards without needing to pay fees to a 3rd party payment processor.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items with sizes, color and style attributes.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Art Supply Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Art Supply Stores. To view these standard POS features available in MicroBiz Cloud, click on the button below.
Should I Use MicroBiz Cloud or MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subsciptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: