Art and School Supply Store Point of Sale
Art Store POS systems and School Supply Store point of sale systems need to manage a wide range of merchandise targeted at creative and student markets. Art and School Supply stores compete against larger general retailers by offering professional-grade items, unique and hard to find merchandise and high levels of service and expertise focused specifically on the needs of artists and students. The best POS systems for art supply stores can ring up sales quickly and efficiently, manage inventory and support customer-based pricing and special orders of items not in stock.
Art and school supply store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Selling in fractional quantities – ability to sell items by fractions of a unit such as by weight or linear length. Useful in selling paper and measured products.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- Editable product descriptions on receipts – ability to edit the product description that is printed on receipts. Helpful when selling unique or custom items.
- Gift cards – Ability to sell and redeem gift cards without needing to pay fees to a 3rd party payment processor.
- Customer-based group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items with sizes, color and style attributes.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
Killer POS Feature for Art Supply Stores: Filterable Product Search
The Advanced Search Feature in MicroBiz Cloud allows you to visually search through all your inventory of art supply items by filtering by multiple levels of categories, vendor, brand – and for matrix products – size and color. You can drill into more detail with one touch to see item sales history and inventory by store location.
In addition to the Art Supply Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Art Supply Stores:
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: