Art and School Supply Store Point of Sale
Art Store POS systems and School Supply Store point of sale systems need to manage a wide range of merchandise targeted at creative and student markets. Art and School Supply stores compete against larger general retailers by offering professional-grade items, unique and hard to find merchandise and high levels of service and expertise focused specifically on the needs of artists and students.
Art and school supply store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register triggered by the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying oil paints can be told of a sale on paint brushes.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items, from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Loose and case quantity breakdown – receive items by the case and sell individually (helpful for paper and writing products).
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items with sizes, color and style attributes.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- Accounts receivable – to manage large customers that pay on account, including customer statements.
- Price labels with bar codes – for items that do not come with a UPC.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the art store store POS and school supply store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage art and school supply stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
National Art Materials Trade Association
International Art Materials Association
Art Materials World
Association For Creative Industries
Education Market Association
National School Supply and Equipment Association
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows