Antique Store Point of Sale
An antique store POS system will help an antique store make money from selling antiques purchased from auctions, dealers and individuals. Product cost and prices can range greatly considering the age, condition, rarity, and collectability of an item. Antique businesses can range in size from temporary pop-ups at flea markets, very small storefronts all the way up to large warehouse stores with thousands of items. The best antique stores compete against larger general retailers by offering an extensive range of products, unique and hard to find merchandise and high levels of service and expertise focused specifically on the needs of antique dealers and antique buyers. Antique and collectible stores need a top POS system to keep track of many unique items.
Antique Store POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Bar Code Label Scanning – quickly add items to a transaction by scanning a barcode
- Layaways – take deposits on antiques and set aside for purchase and pick-up at a later date.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the antique being rung-up at the register.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated for each item on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Phone Orders – the Order in Progress module supports the sale of antique items over the phone
- Customer Sales History Look-up – look-up customer purchases by item or transactions from the front register
- Prompt for Price Inventory and Service Items – ability to enter an on the fly price and item name for an item at the front register
- Service department management – to manage warranties and repairs.
- Auto SKU generator – system creates unique SKU when creating a new products, which is useful when adding one of a kind items to the register.
- Editable product description on receipt – enable you to provide a description specific to the product sold – which is handy for selling unique or one of a kind antique items.
- Store Credits – issue store credits to customers that can be applied to future transactions
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard – manage orders to be shipped, picked-up or delivered
Killer POS Feature for Antique Stores: Auto SKU Generator
For retail stores that sell a lot of unique or one-time items, it can be a hassle to create new SKU number or item IDs for each item sold. To help with this, MicroBiz has the ability to auto-generate SKUs for new items added to the system. You can set a starting SKU number, and then the system will create a new SKU number for each item created. No more randomly creating SKUs or tracking SKU numbers separately.
In addition to the Antique Shop POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Antique Store, including:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (sale of out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Repairs/Service Dept Management
- Check-in of Customer Items for Repair
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Store Transfers (btw locations)
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts and Returns
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Customer-based Pricing
- Product images
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based sales pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
- Auto SKU number generator (create SKU numbers automatically for antiques)
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: