Shoe and Footwear Store Point of Sale
Shoe store POS systems manage the retail sale of footwear. There are many different types of specialized shoe stores – boot stores, women’s shoes, men’s shoes, custom shoes, kids shoes, work shoes, etc. Shoe stores not only sell shoes, but also offer a wide range of shoe accessories and other services (such as shoe repair). Given the very high number of SKUs (from different size, color, style and widths) and seasonality, the support of matrix products is essential to be a top POS system. The smart use of buying, inventory management and pricing tools is also essential.
Footwear and Shoe POS specific features in MicroBiz Cloud include:
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such shoes and footwear with color, size and width or other attributes.
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Sales commissions – can be calculated based on the sales amount or the gross profit or track commissions by employee to measure productivity.
- Multiple shipping addresses – ship to any of the multiple shipping addresses maintained for each customer, or ship the same selection to multiple recipients.
- Special orders/back orders – Allows you to track special order items (such as a shoe in a special or out of stock size), from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Store credit – issue and redeem customer store credit .
- Flexible product record fields – to track vendor, style and other shoe and apparel specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
- Repairs/Service department management – manage repairs and services transactions including a description of work to be performed (such as shoe repairs).
Killer POS Feature for Shoe Stores: Matrix Products
MicroBiz supports matrix products that come in different size, color and other variants (such as shoe width). Matrix’s can contain one, two or three attributes. You can set-up reusable size or color attribute lists to speed up the creation of matrix products. This is helpful with shoes that have different size and color runs. The three dimensional matrix cube allows you to see and edit open stock, committed stock, cost, price and reorder points for all matrix SKUs on one sheet.
In addition to the Shoe and Footwear POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz Cloud includes the following standard features and functionality needed to manage Shoe Stores:
- Register Quick Pick Keys
- Store Credits
- Gift Cards
- Customizable Receipts
- Custom Tenders
- Print or Email Receipts
- Customer Sales History Look-up
- Register Close/End of Day Reports
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Advanced Filterable Product Search
- Editable Item Descriptions on Receipt
- Bar code label scanning
- Transaction holds/recalls
- Returns and Voids
- Split Tenders
- Assign Salesperson to Transaction
- Item and Transaction Discount
- Stock-level Look-up (multi-store)
- WooCommerce Integration*
- QuickBooks Online Integration*
* Coming soon
- Matrix Products with Size/Color/Other Variants
- Product images
- Customer-based Pricing/Product Pricing Levels
- Categories and Sub-Categories
- Product Tax Classes (multiple)
- Auto SKU number generator
- Fractional Sale Quantities (weight/time)
- Print Barcode Price Labels
- Quantity-based Tiered Pricing
- Time-based promo pricing
- Alternate Product IDs
Multi-store Inventory Management
- CSV File Import of Products & Inventory
- Inventory Adjustment Audit Records
- Purchase Orders/Vendor Shipments
- Minimum Inventory Reorder Points
- Special Order Tracking
- Phone Orders/Layaways
- Special Orders (out of stock items)
- Pick-up, Shipping, Delivery Dashboard
- Work orders/Repairs department
- Check in customer items (shoes)
- Deposit Collection and Refunds
- Tax Calculation based on Ship Address
- Backorder Creation and Filling
- Multiple Shipping/Billing Addresses
- Customer Tax Classes/Tax Exempt
- Credit Accounts/Charge to Account
- Accounts Receivable Statements
- Import Customers via CSV File Import
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Store Transfers
- Support of Contactless Payments
- PCI/PA-DS Compliant Payments
- Minimum Deposit Requirements
- Flexible and Filterable Reports
- Enforceable Business Rules on Discounts & Returns
Take a tour of the key features in MicroBiz Cloud
Want to learn more?
What's the Difference Between MicroBiz Cloud vs. MicroBiz for Windows?
We sell two POS software applications: MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows. The features listed above are for MicroBiz Cloud, cloud-based multi-location point of sale application offered through monthly or annual subscriptions.
MicroBiz for Windows is a single-store, multi-station retail software application that is installed on PCs and sold via a one-time software license. Some but not all of the MicroBiz Cloud features listed above are available in MicroBiz for Windows - and MicroBiz for Windows also has some features not available in MicroBiz Cloud.
To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click on the button below: