Firearms and Ammunition Store Point of Sale
Firearms and Ammunition stores are retail businesses that specialize in the sale of firearms and ammunition. These types of retailers can range in size from very small niche shops, to shooting ranges, to larger outlets that often sell related merchandise such as hunting gear or hardware. Since the sale of firearms and ammunition is highly regulated, it is critical for these retailers to track the sale of firearms, including serial numbers and the identity of the purchaser.
Firearms and Ammunition Store POS specific features in MicroBiz for Windows include:
- Unique ID/Serial number tracking – provides a detailed record of each gun or serialized item, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold.
- Up-sell and suggested items – auto prompting at register based on the type of merchandise being purchased – so a customer buying a gun can be told of a sale on a ammunition, targets or other accessories.
- Customer deposits – accept and track customer deposits.
- Kits or bundles – allows for bundling or grouping of related items to be sold as a package at point of sale (such as bundling of guns, carrying case and ammunition into a package price).
- Layaways – collect deposits while holding the item out of inventory.
- Service reminder notices – Send maintenance reminder notices automatically to help generate more recurring services revenue.
- Multi-dimensional inventory grid – to easily manage multi-attribute items such hunting apparel and footwear with color, size, style and/or width or other attributes.
- Product images – so clerks can see a picture of the product being rung-up at the register.
- Multi-dimensional customer records – manage multiple firearms within a single customer record – so you can separately track multiple firearms owned by an individual or family and maintain a separate service record for each firearm.
- Markdown management – easily manage group markdowns, quantity pricing, multi-buy items, promotional pricing and bulk discounting.
- Service department management – allows you to efficiently manage a service department – you can bill by hour or by job, as well as bill for services.
- Special orders/back orders – allows you to track special order items from the customer order to receiving, to inventory to the POS transaction.
- Group pricing or discounts – based on customer level or group.
- User defined product record fields – to track firearm and ammunition specific item information.
- Email marketing – deliver targeted campaigns by querying and downloading customer data for use with popular email marketing applications.
In addition to the Gun Store POS specific capabilities listed above, MicroBiz for Windows includes all the standard features and functionality needed to manage Firearm and Ammunition Stores. Some but not all of these features are also available in MicroBiz Cloud. To see a comparison of the features of MicroBiz Cloud and MicroBiz for Windows, click here.
Useful Links and Resources:
Download Free 30 Day Trial Version of MicroBiz for Windows
See for yourself why thousands of retailers around the world love MicroBiz for Windows